• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is prostitution an honorable occupation?

Which of these occupations do you think is an honorable way to earn a living?

• Total voters

Buttercup

Veteran Member
None of those professions would be an honorable way for me to earn a living.

Is that a PC answer or what? :D

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I think prostitution can be honorable or dishonorable, depending on the practitioners' motives and behavior.

Isabella Lecour

I chose not to vote and here are my reasons.

I feel that the question is skewed. Jobs are not intrinsically honorable, a person's conduct is what honor is based on. I think the question was geared more toward social perception of those jobs. Any profession can be done honorable, even those. The inclusion of "married to a rich person" option doesn't seam to fit the set of selections as really belonging. Being married is not a job, it is a social status.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Well, then I don't see how it could be considered dishonorable. :)
That's what I was thinking as well. MB probably meant if you set out specifically to snatch a rich person and marry them. Kind of like Anna Nicole Smith when she married that practically already dead guy. :p

Aqualung

Tasty
I think prostitution can be honorable or dishonorable, depending on the practitioners' motives and behavior.

I think there are honorable and dishonorable aspects of prostitution. For example, I think most would deem it "honorable" to sacrifice your own feelings of dissatisfaction or whatever in order to earn a living and give your children a better life. On the other hand, I don't think most find it "honorable" to have sex with as many people as possible.