• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Pain And Suffering The Only Way To Convince Atheists That There Is A God

Corvus

Feathered eyeball connoisseur
If I had a $1 for every time an internet atheist wanted evidence of God when it's there right in front of their nose, then I'd be the richest man in the universe.

I see no Gods. In front of my beak.
Certainly no sign of God's hand in any aspect of reality, from a rainbow to a galaxy.

Last edited:

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist
As for psychological suffering, isn't that worse?

Suffering of a purely psychological nature, eventually leads one to realize that
we trap ourselves into that suffering by our own beliefs. So the result is that
we then transcend such superstition and liberate our minds from the limits we
have allowed ourselves to be tricked into holding.

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist
I've always felt a person should lead by example.

And, what example are we going to look at? Certainly not Christians. If God was around, maybe.

Here's the problem, what is the real benefit of believing in God verses not believing in God?

I don't see that benefit in Christians. Doesn't seem to make them any better than other folks. Doesn't seem to make their life better. They get screwed by life just as much as non-believers.

Good things, bad thing are done bad and happen to both. So what's the point in believing if it doesn't really change anything?

Sure. Most people that call themselves Christians do so because of family tradition.
These are termed sacramentarians, its like the difference between a band that plays
covers of Jimi Hendrix, and then the real musician. This difference between the clone
and the authentic is surely evident in every walk of life?

The True believer has a focus on Truth. Those that deceive others, also eventually
deceive themselves. Those that would sell lies, eventually buy lies. They seem to
'have it all' but they are miserable. After all, our highest ambitions, deconstruct
to a state of mind, regardless of what that ambitions might be.