• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is living a gay/lesbian lifestyle a problem with God?

Big_TJ

With great pleasure...

Post # 418 Big TJ says:

''ha hah! this is where I think our differences are! I dont go around trying to ban tobacco even though I dont believe in smoking; does that me me a bigot?

LIKEWISE, I dont go around trying to prevent homos from becoming parents even though I dont believe they should; does that makes me a bigot?

I think the real problem is that YOU are the one who is intolerant of hetrosexual views and the bigot label seem a better fit for you. ''

Sooo.....:flirt:

Pucker up sexy knickers...xxx
Great, I love evidence:yes: I guessed you had to search really hard to find this one since it was my only use of the term, and it was used when you I just couldnt get through you.

So, when do you want my apologies to start:)

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
It is not very often that your arguments do not make sense; this may be your first. I think that you are arguing your way because you are a lesbian; you are arguing "your" feelings while neglecting every other possible issues.

In what way does my argument not make sense? You claim your only concern is that children of lesbians will suffer discrimination. But when the discrimination is because their parents are Jewish, or of different races, your concern disappears.

The best way we can prevent this kind of discrimination is to preach and practice acceptance of all families, not by perpetuating further discrimination, and making the victims pay for the discrimination they suffer.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Great, I love evidence:yes: I guessed you had to search really hard to find this one since it was my only use of the term, and it was used when you I just couldnt get through you.

Any time now.

Primordial Annihilator

Na I have a photographic memory which makes it easy for me...I just thought hmm homo and bing page 42 pops in my head...have a little look and hey presto there it is in plural form...homos.

I don't require apologies...a big fat juicy kiss will do. :flirt:

Big_TJ

Na I have a photographic memory which makes it easy for me...I just thought hmm homo and bing page 42 pops in my head...have a little look and hey presto there it is in plural form...homos.

I don't require apologies...a big fat juicy kiss will do. :flirt:

mmmmmmmmuuuuuaaaaaaahhh!!!:cool:

Big_TJ

In what way does my argument not make sense? You claim your only concern is that children of lesbians will suffer discrimination. But when the discrimination is because their parents are Jewish, or of different races, your concern disappears.

:facepalm:

Auto, let's try it this way . . .

I was asked to give a valid reason that a hetrosexual would have in not wanting a child to grow up with homosexual parents. I provide a reason that I, as a hetrosexual, would have, and a reason that I have heard numerous hetrosexual expressed. Whether or not Jews are teased or whatever, is against the point. The fact that children are bullied for other reasons are STILL against the point. The point is that, in my opinion (as well as others), this is a valid reason why a hetrosexual would not support a child being raised by homosexuals (which is what I was asked to provide).

I dont know why this is so hard to understand.

The best way we can prevent this kind of discrimination is to preach and practice acceptance of all families, not by perpetuating further discrimination, and making the victims pay for the discrimination they suffer.

Why is this the "best way?" the "best way" for who?? What if someone argues that the "best way" to address some of this that, if possible, not to put the child in the situation to be bullied in the first place; what would make your "best way" better than this "best way?"

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
I agree what God thinks about homosexuality is more of a scriptural issue than an issue as if God with his own voice stated it. For Jews, Muslims, and Christians God hates homosexuality aka sodomy

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
:facepalm:

Auto, let's try it this way . . .

I was asked to give a valid reason that a hetrosexual would have in not wanting a child to grow up with homosexual parents. I provide a reason that I, as a hetrosexual, would have, and a reason that I have heard numerous hetrosexual expressed. Whether or not Jews are teased or whatever, is against the point. The fact that children are bullied for other reasons are STILL against the point. The point is that, in my opinion (as well as others), this is a valid reason why a hetrosexual would not support a child being raised by homosexuals (which is what I was asked to provide).
Actually, no, it's not beside the point. You were asked to provide a reason. You did. However, since you acknowledge that is not valid in any comparable instance, you have now demonstrated that your reason is not valid.

Unless you think special pleading is not a fallacy?

I dont know why this is so hard to understand.
Me neither. It's pretty simple really. If discrimination is a concern, then it's a concern in all instances. If it's not, then it's not, in fact, a valid concern.

Why is this the "best way?" the "best way" for who?? What if someone argues that the "best way" to address some of this that, if possible, not to put the child in the situation to be bullied in the first place; what would make your "best way" better than this "best way?"

So your solution to discrimination is that the people discriminated against should not reproduce? Does that apply to everyone, or only gay people?

12jtartar

Premium Member
Many claim that the Bible has nothing against 'homosexuality' or being 'gay or lesbian', that in fact the words never appear in scriptures so thus its not a problem with God. Well lets check it out...

Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
Lev 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.
Leviticus 18:23 Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion.
1Cr 6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
1Cr 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
1Cr 7:2 Nevertheless,[to avoid] fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
Man with man is fornication!! Woman with woman is fornication!!
Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told [you] in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

God loves sinners, God hates sin!!
Does Christ say that He forgives but we can continue sinning.....

John 5:14
Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

John 8:11
She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Reddogs,
Pretty perceptive!!! But allow me to point out one point. At John 3:16, which Scripture is called The Gospel in miniature, God said that He loved the world so much that He gave His Onlybegotten Son, that whoever believed on him would not perish, but have everlasting life.
The whole truth about any Bible Doctrine is not found in one place, but the truth is found but considering what is said in all Scripture about the Doctrine. Very few Scriptures are, what is called Concrete Scripture, or Categorematic, but they can be Modified, Complemented, depending on the surrounding text.
Now, let's reason on a few Scriptures to see if God really loves all people, even if they do not love Him.
Consider Deuteronomy 7:9,10, where God said that He will destroy, to their face, People who hate Him.
Consider Romans 5:8-10, where we are told that we have been reconciled through the death of God's son, but notice that before people had faith in God's son they are God's Enemies.
Consider Ephesians 2:1-7 where we are told that before a person accepts Jesus he was dead in God's eyes, but being with Jesus made them alive.
Consider 2Thessalonians 1:6-9, here we are told that all who do not Know God, and who do not obey the Gospel of the lord Jesus, will receive the punishment of everlasting Destruction.
Look at 2Peter 3:7,9, where we are told that God does not want any to die, but they must repent.
Consider Mathew 7:21-23, Romans 2:4-16.
Meditate on what John says at 1John 2:1-4 where we are told that we have an advocate, Jesus, who, if we have faith in him, can save ourselves from death, but the opposite, if we do not accept Jesus as our savior, we remain Enemies of God, and our everlasting death is certain. God does not love everyone Unconditionally as many want to believe, but all must follow Jesus, because accepting Jesus as our savior is our only hope, Acts 4:12, 1Timothy 2:4-6, 1Peter 2:21.