• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Life a Gift?

skills101

Vicar of Christ
Are we to charish and love our parents for giving it to us? Assuming the alternative, how would one even know if he or she missed out on life? Does religion specify where our "souls" are prior to birth?

SoulTYPE

It is meant to be a gift. A gift from God to two partners that share each other's love. It is the gift of life.

But perhaps our souls are being recycled lol

skills101

Vicar of Christ
Ronald said:
Otherwise you just happened, an accident.
Hmm... In what way? An accident is when a mistake was made. I've yet to think that the creation of the human species was a mistake.

Or maybe you are talking about my parents creating me on mistake. Which, I don't know how one can correlate the existence of a deity with the planning of a birth.

SoulTYPE

skills101 said:
Hmm... In what way? An accident is when a mistake was made. I've yet to think that the creation of the human species was a mistake..
I could answer that but it is way off topic to the thread.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Your choice to incarnate into the physical existence is your choice not anyone else's. You choose your parents you choose your PURPOSE and you choose when you want to leave this physical existence. You can even choose not to exist at all.

Pah

Uber all member
Ronald said:
Is Life a Gift?
Only if you believe in a creator. Otherwise you just happened, an accident.
Really? My mother and father loved each other and I was created from that. That was purposeful. My mother and father loved me and I grew from that. When I made my own way in the world, they contiunued to love me and I missed them. When Dad died my love was not enough to fill her void and a lot of my mother died. Love is the real gift.

Bob