• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Karma real or is it just fantasy

Is karma real

• yes

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • no

Votes: 10 34.5%

• Total voters

kashmir

Just wondering what people here think.
I think what happens, is the persons own guilt and actions causes karma upon themselves as well as others are responsible.
Even if they don't know it, because its brought on by the person themselves.

Last edited:

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Hindu karma is not exactly what you think it is by the way.

But colloquial karma is entirely nonsense. Charles Manson is still alive and politicians still live to be old

kashmir

Hindu karma is not exactly what you think it is by the way.

But colloquial karma is entirely nonsense. Charles Manson is still alive and politicians still live to be old

You are over looking something.
Manson is locked in a cell 24/7, his own world view deems him unsafe to even be in general population.
Karma at its best, IMHO
He has spent a whole lot of years staring at a wall.

can you explain Hindu karma?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
You are over looking something.
Manson is locked in a cell 24/7, his own world view deems him unsafe to even be in general population.
Karma at its best, IMHO
He has spent a whole lot of years staring at a wall.

can you explain Hindu karma?

Charlie prefers being in prison as that has been his home for most of his life. He's said as much before. He's also engaged to be married (or was said to be, anyway).

Trust me, he's not suffering at all in prison. He's a pop culture icon and probably gets an avalanche of fan mail every day.

Nymphs

How about a third option. It isn't real, but typically, when we do bad things or act in ****** ways, it comes back to bite us in the *** through other's people actions and reactions. Same for good things.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Karma simply means action and does not refer to the moral basis of your actions. For examples if you red the Gita you would know that Karma cannot clash with Dharma so you can kill your family yet inflict good karma on yourself because you have a duty of some sort because of your Dharma. The hero Arjuna is an example of this because he must go to war with his family yet if he does not slay his brothers he will inflict bad karma because his dharma is that of a Kshatriya(warrior).

Karma is by no means a basis for moral or ethical conduct. It is a product of dharma often times which is merely duty and ethical behavior intertwined.

kashmir

Charlie prefers being in prison as that has been his home for most of his life. He's said as much before. He's also engaged to be married (or was said to be, anyway).

Trust me, he's not suffering at all in prison. He's a pop culture icon and probably gets an avalanche of fan mail every day.

I have watched every single one of his parole hearings.
He hates being alone and begged them to put him in general population.
He also tried his best to get paroled, up until the last couple did he realize he was never getting out and even then he still begged to be put in general population.

The way he acted when being around people during the hearings was complete obvious to his suffering, he needs to be around people, to control them.
His whole life revolved around controlling people.
That is what made him tick.
As for suffering, he is most likely suffering the most of anyone in prison.

Nymphs

He also tried his best to get paroled, up until the last couple did he realize he was never getting out and even then he still begged to be put in general population.

The way he acted when being around people was complete obvious to his suffering, he needs to be around people, to control them.

The man is a sociopath, you do know he could act like that just for the attention, right? He knows how to manipulate and control people.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

The way he acted when being around people was complete obvious to his suffering, he needs to be around people, to control them.

He tried his best to get paroled? Oh, is that why he said he would would kill everyone if they let him out? :D

kashmir

He tried his best to get paroled? Oh, is that why he said he would would kill everyone if they let him out? :D

In all his hearings, he tried to place blame on everyone else, that he had nothing to do with it.
If he ever said that he would kill everyone, I need to see this video.
If you can find it, I wanna see.
All the way to the last hearing he showed up to, he never has taken blame.
But one thing is true that he said "I never killed anyone"
He didn't, he got his followers to kill for him.

The last hearing, he didnt even show up to, and leading up to those, when asked what would he do if let go he said "pooof" and laughed.
they asked what that meant, he said "fly away"
Tons of the hearings, he ignored them and they had to ask him numerous times.
He knew by then he wasn't getting out and tried to at least get a radio, general population ect and played with their heads.

The man is a sociopath, you do know he could act like that just for the attention, right? He knows how to manipulate and control people.

He is in solitary confinement and has been this whole time.
He has no one to control

Last edited:

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I believe in cause and effect, action and reaction. Calling it karma may work symbolically but it's not for me.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I think I mixed it up with this quote from an interview: "Believe me, if I started murdering people, there'd be none of you left."

It's from this interview:
[youtube]7UgQSgzMoFk[/youtube]

kashmir

I think I mixed it up with this quote from an interview: "Believe me, if I started murdering people, there'd be none of you left."

I could listen to him talk all day, he is very entertaining.
Some times he is actually right with things he says, once you get past all the nonsense.

This is my fav vid ever, I bet the guy doing the interview pee'd a little when manson jumped

[youtube]k9QXY80OxS0[/youtube]

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I could listen to him talk all day, he is very entertaining.
Some times he is actually right with things he says, once you get past all the nonsense.

This is my fav vid ever, I bet the guy doing the interview pee'd a little when manson jumped

[youtube]k9QXY80OxS0[/youtube]

Hahaha. I'll be honest, I love Charlie. I'll be very sad on the day he passes away. I think the man is a genius. Sure, he's also a megalomaniac with a messiah complex but he does actually speak a lot of truth about society. Too bad he turned to crime. He's my favorite cult leader ever. :D

kashmir

Hahaha. I'll be honest, I love Charlie. I'll be very sad on the day he passes away. I think the man is a genius. Sure, he's also a megalomaniac with a messiah complex but he does actually speak a lot of truth about society. Too bad he turned to crime. He's my favorite cult leader ever. :D

I bet if he would have been put on the right path, he could have been a great man.
But one must realize, he is so twisted and able to gain followers at the drop of a hat, they are scared to death to have him in general population.

Did you see the Geraldo interview?
That was pretty good, and you could tell that Geraldo went through a lot of stages of being scared out of his mind, to complete trust, to not even knowing what to say next.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I bet if he would have been put on the right path, he could have been a great man.
But one must realize, he is so twisted and able to gain followers at the drop of a hat, they are scared to death to have him in general population.

Did you see the Geraldo interview?
That was pretty good, and you could tell that Geraldo went through a lot of stages of being scared out of his mind, to complete trust, to not even knowing what to say next.

I don't think a person like Charlie could ever have a normal life. They're destined to always go to some extreme or the other.

I don't think I have. I'll look it up.

I'll stop derailing your thread now. :D

chinu

chinu
Just wondering what people here think.
I think what happens, is the persons own guilt and actions causes karma upon themselves as well as others are responsible.
Even if they don't know it, because its brought on by the person themselves.
Of course, in some cases one is helpless to perform Actions/Karma.
But before going to any decision about karma/action, let me introduce you with the root cause of Karma/Action.

In the beginning we all Separated from God by our own will. And this "Separation" is the first Action/karma which we all performed in the beginning, and this first Action/Karma further became the cause of all other actions thereafter. :)

Straw Dog

The way he acted when being around people during the hearings was complete obvious to his suffering, he needs to be around people, to control them.

Controlling people is also what made him sick.

This is an extreme example of basic human conflicts. People typically try to transcend one another by imposing self-serving meanings onto other people and the situation. Only all-inclusive "us" vibes in service to the well-being of life heal and are really authentic when we get down to details. So let us create that ****...

kashmir

I don't think a person like Charlie could ever have a normal life. They're destined to always go to some extreme or the other.

I don't think I have. I'll look it up.

I'll stop derailing your thread now. :D
No, if his childhood would have been better and he wouldn't have led a life of LSD or such, he could have been a decent guy, is what I meant.
But I will agree that "natural born killer" is a brute fact for some.
He did say he could have had jobs in the music business, but did not want to work for anyone, free spirit.

Its fine on the derail, I have been on several other boards in the past that sometimes threads just go where they may, I have learned new things that way too.
I only have a problem when threads are derailed to goal post the objective of the thread.
Basically though on karma, Manson's behaviors have brought a lot of karma upon him. :yes:

If you watch the Garaldo interview and wish to PM your thoughts, you can :D

Last edited: