• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Jesus GOD?

muzu

Glory be to Allah
Most of christians have belief that Jesus is GOD? i failed to understand if Jesus indeed is GOD, then how could he die? Can God die? Suppose, if he died for whatever reason, someone else there has to bring him back to life (reserruction). Is he God then?

Please through some light on this.. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Dena

If you are going to come from the perspective that God resides in everything in the Universe then I suppose you could say that if in fact Jesus did exist, he had God within him.

Aside from that...it doesn't seem possible. And of course that is not the traditional Christian view.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
the idea that Christ is God is not biblical, never was and never will be.

It was introduced to the early 3rd/4th century church by some teachers who were influenced by pagan roman ideas.,...it was actually a non christian who made the teaching officially a part of church theology. That was the Roman Emperor Constantine at the Council of Nicaea in 325 C.E.

So in answer to your question, No. Jesus is not God...he is the 'son' of God as he said over and over. Jesus was a Jew and the God of the hebrew bible was named 'YWHY' otherwise known in english as 'Jehovah'. It was his God Jehovah who he worshiped and who he prayed to and it was Jehovah his father who resurrected him from the dead.

PVE1

I believe that Jesus is definitely not God. Jesus was a divine teacher who God had chosen to lead us. God did not have to send Himself as a man if He really wanted to prove a point, He could just open up the skies or do something dramatic. The Holy Jesus never claimed to be God nor is there any mention of it in the Bible. Just another idea man has created to influence others.

Biblestudent_007

the idea that Christ is God is not biblical, never was and never will be.

It was introduced to the early 3rd/4th century church by some teachers who were influenced by pagan roman ideas.,...it was actually a non christian who made the teaching officially a part of church theology. That was the Roman Emperor Constantine at the Council of Nicaea in 325 C.E.

So in answer to your question, No. Jesus is not God...he is the 'son' of God as he said over and over. Jesus was a Jew and the God of the hebrew bible was named 'YWHY' otherwise known in english as 'Jehovah'. It was his God Jehovah who he worshiped and who he prayed to and it was Jehovah his father who resurrected him from the dead.

That's strange because the translation in one of my Bibles uses the biblical Name Jehovah all through the Old and New Testaments.

. .

racer

God's Warrior
From the Bible itself

John 3:16-17

16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

John 14:28 Jesus talking

28"You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I."

Jesus is the only begotten Son of God born of a virgin consieved of the Holy Spirit.

When Jesus was baptized he received the Holy Spirit upon his body and then the Spirit of God left him while he hung on the cross. But came back to him while he laid in the grave.

Last edited:

RickDeVon

I believe that Jesus is definitely not God. Jesus was a divine teacher who God had chosen to lead us. God did not have to send Himself as a man if He really wanted to prove a point, He could just open up the skies or do something dramatic. The Holy Jesus never claimed to be God nor is there any mention of it in the Bible. Just another idea man has created to influence others.

AMEN to that...and God would not have prayed to Himself...Let's just say...John 3:16

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
Yes, the DIR forums are not for debate, and since this root Abrahamic Religion DIR is shared equally by all of us and also by those not in any organized religion, such a Noahides, we should always try to promote peace and the commonality of our faiths. Therefore topics such as this are too controversial for here, even though it is a good topic. Maybe restart it in 'Same Faith Debate' forum, specify for Abrahamics.

Faithfreedom

i gotta change my avatar
Most of christians have belief that Jesus is GOD?
Most christians do not ponder on what the bible actually teaches. One example is Col 1:15 to 16 "He (Jesus) is the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities, all things were created by him and for him."

Jesus is a creation. Therefore Jesus is NOT God. (but God has given him so much power that Jesus seems to us like a mighty god (not almighty though)
God created him first before anything else. ("the firstborn over all creation")
Hence Jesus is also referred to as "the only begotton Son of God". That is to say, Jesus was the only one that God personally created with his own hands, so to speak. Nothing else has that honor. After being created, Jesus personally created everything else that was on God's mind (ie "by him all things were created"). Yes, by all things, i mean that even time itself was created by Jesus according to the will of God his father/creator.

ukCatholic

Pax Vobiscum
Well,

I have made the experience in the past that other Muslims use this to start an attempt to convert others, or start a debate based on their ideology. I sincerely hope this isn't one such occasion, and you are genuinely interested in the Christian viewpoint on this matter.

Saying this, I can only write about what I believe, in no portion do I speak official church teaching, since I have no authority to speak for my church. I can only tell you what I have come to believe through my studies and the teachings of scholars I've met or read.

Jesus is one of the three persons of the holy trinity. He came into our history as a man, born to the virgin Mary. Thus he is 100% human, and 100% God. We as humans can die, so he was able to die, his body was able to die. Just as we are body and spirit, so Jesus took on body through birth and always is spirit.

God gave us spirit when he made Adam our first father, by breathing life into us. No other creature has received this breath of life. When our bodies die, our souls do not perish with it.

tomato1236

Ninja Master
Most of christians have belief that Jesus is GOD? i failed to understand if Jesus indeed is GOD, then how could he die? Can God die? Suppose, if he died for whatever reason, someone else there has to bring him back to life (reserruction). Is he God then?

Please through some light on this.. :facepalm:

Guess not. Wow, you just converted me from religion. Thanks!