• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Jesus For the Jews?

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
...He's supposed to be a contemporary of Moshiach ben David.

Jesus was not Messiah ben Joseph.

He wasn't a messiah at all.

:yes:

He was a Messiah ben Joseph. I have no expectations that he will be the same individual that is contemporary with Messiah ben David, but he might be.., after all he said he'd return. It's not important if he's the same person or not, both roles are equally important; beginning the Age and ending it. See, there has been many messianic figures throughout our history.

It's also not important to me if many Jews do not see Yeshua as Messiah ben Joseph either, knowing how Joseph was regarded by his brothers. Just like then, all will be resolved eventually. So I see no need to 'missionize' my fellow Jews, I rebuke J4J like any other Jew. And do.

Most important is the understanding of the current Age we are in, Unless you think we Jews have not been experiencing two millennia of Messiah ben Joseph?

I tell you all this to illuminate my personal beliefs, as a Messianic Jew, not to debate.

As there is no debating allowed in DIR. Especially if one is not a member of the DIR, nu?

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
That sounded a bit harsh. Sorry. It's just that I insist on the rules of these DIRs be followed, or it's a slippery slope. Once debate starts, we'll soon see hate posts here. I've requested many posts both here and in the Judaism DIR be moved or deleted, being offensive. (They're now gone)

I'd like to discuss this with you, maybe over in the 'Same Faith Debates' sub-forum of Religious Debates (so that we can dialog without interruption yet still open the floor to other Jews)