• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it unscientific to know Nanak from Nanak's words?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Is it unscientific to know Nanak from Nanak's own words in Granth, please?

Or

Is it against religion to know Nanak from Nanak’s own word in Granth,please?

I understand that it is most reasonable to understand Nanak from Nanak’s own words in the Granth.

Right, please?

Thread open to everybody of any religion or any no-religion, please

Regards

danieldemol

Premium Member
No, but it can be unscientific to allegedly “know” Nanak from the words of a Muslim apologist with an agenda to convert people to Islam such as Mirza Ghulam Ahmad.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:

No, but it can be unscientific to allegedly “know” Nanak from the words of a Muslim apologist with an agenda to convert people to Islam such as Mirza Ghulam Ahmad.
"No"

Thanks for agreeing with me as I understand that it is scientific to know Nanak from Nanak's own words/hymns in the Granth.
Since one is not an "apologist" so it will be quite appropriate if one reads Nanak's words/hymns in the Granth to know Nanak. It won't harm one. It is just a suggestion, no compulsion, please.
Then we will have a neutral understanding of Granth from a friend.
Right,please?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Or

Is it against religion to know Nanak from Nanak’s own word in Granth,please?

I understand that it is most reasonable to understand Nanak from Nanak’s own words in the Granth.

Right, please?

Thread open to everybody of any religion or any no-religion, please

Regards
" Is it against religion to know Nanak from Nanak’s own word in Granth,please?"

While It is OK from Science to know Nanak from Nanak's words/hymns in Granth.
Is it OK from Religion also,please.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Is it unscientific to know Nanak from Nanak's words?

It is,we understand from the above posts, but
scientific to know from the words of Nanak about Nanak instead of from the third person story-tellers who built castles from the melting snow and who themselves didn't know anything substantial about the man Nanak.
It is the same-thing as one would like to know about Moses from Moses' words instead of from the words of the not-knowing narrators/scribes and priests. Right, please?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Does one mean that we should understand Nanak , not from Nanak's hymns in the Granth but from what a "Baha'i inspired liberal" say about Nanak, as I understand, please? And then it will be scientific. Right,please?

Regards

Last edited:

danieldemol

Premium Member
Does one mean that we should understand Nanak , not from Nanak's hymns in the Granth but from Bahaullah and or what the Bahais say about Nanak, as I understand, please? And then it will be scientific. Right,please?

Regards
Nope, and as you well know I’m not a Baha’i, so your constant references to Baha’i and Bahá’u’lláh in your responses to me are entirely misdirected.

Jedster

Nope, and as you well know I’m not a Baha’i, so your constant references to Baha’i and Bahá’u’lláh in your responses to me are entirely misdirected.

It is probably because you write in your profile under religion Baha'i inspired liberal.

danieldemol

Premium Member
I have since revised my post #6 , just to inform one, please. Right, please?

Regards
It still has nothing to do with what I stated, which is that the attempts of apologists (of any religion or even no religion) with an agenda to convert are not the same as the works of people who have followed scientifically authentic reasonable and unbiased means of establishing verifiable historical content.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Unless Nanak's words were based on actual observations, and proposed an evidence based hypothesis to be tested, then no, his words are not scientific.