• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it time for Scoxit????

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I wonder what will happen when Scotland opts for a vote and Boris tells them that they can't. Or maybe what happens when they vote leave and Boris tells them forget it?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I wonder what will happen when Scotland opts for a vote and Boris tells them that they can't. Or maybe what happens when they vote leave and Boris tells them forget it?

download (2).jpeg

RestlessSoul

I have some sympathy with those Scots who feel that the Act of Union has left them chained to an idiot; but Nationalism is not the answer imo. To anything.

Altfish

Veteran Member
If it wasn't for the grand kids, we'd move to Scotland tomorrow.

I hope it gets independence

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I think that the only thing that stopped the pro-independence side winning the last referendum was membership in the EU: staying in the Union meant staying in the EU, and independence meant that Scotland would have to negotiate its own admission.

Because of Brexit, anyone who wants Scotland to be in the EU will be voting for independence. I think that's enough to make the difference.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
I think that the only thing that stopped the pro-independence side winning the last referendum was membership in the EU: staying in the Union meant staying in the EU, and independence meant that Scotland would have to negotiate its own admission.

Because of Brexit, anyone who wants Scotland to be in the EU will be voting for independence. I think that's enough to make the difference.
Also, I think Brexit has shown that in order to separate from a larger political entity, you don't need lengthy negotiations, or even much of a plan.