• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it right to hate homosexuals?

Is it right to hate homosexuals?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesAlan

I know that in the Bible there are many scriptures saying being gay is wrong. But, is it ok to hate someone if they are gay? It's not their choice to be gay, just like it's not our choice to be straight.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
*from an LGBT perspective*

If one thinks that being gay is wrong/repulsive/sick/nasty/gross/"against nature"/whatever, then that is their prerogative. They have every right to hold those beliefs and feelings.

However, it becomes an entirely different ball game when laws or other systematic actions are made against LGBT for no other reason than that it is believed to be inherently wrong. That's when it becomes discrimination.

Personally, I don't care if anyone thinks that me being gay is wrong. Just don't use it as an excuse to fire me or to prevent me from getting married.

Last edited:

Thana

Lady
I know that in the Bible there are many scriptures saying being gay is wrong. But, is it ok to hate someone if they are gay? It's not their choice to be gay, just like it's not our choice to be straight.

It doesn't say that being gay is wrong, It says that homosexual acts is wrong. But I suppose that's another matter entirely.

Look, People who hate gays don't do it because the bible tells them so, In fact it's the exact opposite, The bible tells them that love is the greatest commandment and to hate your brother is to hate God.

No they hate gays purely because they're hateful people full of prejudice, It's got nothing to do with God or the bible.

maggie2

Is it wrong to hate anyone? Yes, in my opinion. If we are to believe the broad teachings of the Bible then the greatest commandment is to love one another. Not love one another if those we are loving are straight, or skinny, or perfectly formed, or wise, etc. etc. Simply love one another. Period. No exceptions, no excuses. So if we are going to try to follow that teaching then hating is wrong.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back

Hi James.
I do not know much about the Bible or the Christian view on homosexuality, however, homosexuals are human beings and a creation of God just as the rest. Islam calls to be respectful to the creation of God and it doesn't tell us to hate homosexuals, It tells us to hate sinful acts. Muslims have a strong disliking to homosexual acts though, just as we do to heterosexual acts outside of marriage or before marriage.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
It tells us to hate sinful acts.

Why is homosexual sex "sinful"? I mean who is it sinning against? I don't see why God or Allah would even care about what people do in the bedroom, it's a private and trivial matter.

Wouldn't you prefer God or Allah to pay more paying attention to all the actual evil in the world , all the genocides, wars, crime, child abuse?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Why is homosexual sex "sinful"?

First you need to understand homosexuality. In Islam people are tried in different ways and different forms.
A homosexual is tried by his desires and to refrain from what is prohibited. The same applies to a heterosexual who cannot find a wife, he too must not have sexual relations with other than his wife.

Homosexual marriage is not recognized in Islam. Anal sex is also prohibited for all, regardless of orientation. So the only permissible form of sex is the 'normal' husband and wife one.

A homosexual in this case is required to deal with his trial through patience and if they can somehow change to heterosexual they may marry if they feel they can deal with it.

Rick O'Shez

One might as well start a thread saying "Is it OK to hate women?" or "Is it OK to hate black people?"

Same thing. Ridiculous questions, full of judgement and spite.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rick O'Shez

Homosexual marriage is not recognized in Islam. Anal sex is also prohibited for all, regardless of orientation. So the only permissible form of sex is the 'normal' husband and wife one.

To be honest I think it's really weird that a religion would concern itself with what people do in the bedroom. The Abrahamic religions in particular seem to have an unhealthy, obsessive and slightly voyeuristic interest in this aspect of human behaviour.

It's actually rather creepy. :confused:

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
To be honest I think it's really weird that a religion would concern itself with what people do in the bedroom. The Abrahamic religions in particular seem to have an unhealthy, obsessive and slightly voyeuristic interest in this aspect of human behaviour.

It's actually rather creepy. :confused:

They are a manual for humanity. Like all things created we too have a manufacturers manual by which to live life as we are the creation and the operator. Islam deals with all matters, from birth to death and everything in between including the way we eat and treat others.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
I still think the obsession with people's sexual habits is creepy.

To the contrary. It's healthy and hygienic. AIDS and HIV exist due to the disobedience of Islamic teachings. Having sex through filthy means and body parts and with limitless people leads to those two diseases. Why don't Muslims who follow the teachings of Islam not have those diseases yet those who have sexual relations with many people do?

All Muslim majority countries are below 0.5% if not 0.2%
List of countries by HIV/AIDS adult prevalence rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I suppose it is ok to hate a homosexual person if he or she insists on, say, scaring your dog and attempting to bite him viciously.

But for being a homosexual? No, of course not.

Rick O'Shez

Having sex through filthy means and body parts and with limitless people leads to those two diseases.

In case you weren't aware such things have always gone on, and always will. I don't see how it is any of your business what consenting adults do in private, nor the business of any religion for that matter. It's a weird and unhealthy obsession.

I think your time would be much better spent challenging the fundamentalists in your midst.

Status
Not open for further replies.