• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it right for me?

Cerrax

That One Guy
More and more as I read posts here and respond to them, I seem to have a fondness for Satan (but I prefer to call him Lucifer. Satan is such an ugly word). I'm wondering if maybe Satanism (or Luciferian or whatever other sects of the Left-Hand Paths) I am fit for, if any at all. Here's what I do believe:

Lucifer was a great angel.
Lucifer had a great love for mankind.
Lucifer tried to convince God that humans deserved better treatment.
God beat up Lucifer and his followers.
God locked them all in a horrible place called Hell.
God gave them terrible names like Demon, Devil, and Satan.
Jesus is not the son of God.
Jesus suffered the same fate as Lucifer (He stood up for what he believed and was tortured) Yet somehow he is a good guy, while Lucifer is labeled as evil.

From this I feel that a great injustice has occured, and while changing my faith is something that is very important and tedious, I have a strong feeling that Lucifer would appreciate a friend and admirer.

What I'm wondering is do my beliefs fit very well with any particular part of the Left-Hand Paths? Should I become a Satanist, or maybe just retain my current and religion and consider myself a firm supporter of Lucifer?

Ori

Angel slayer
Thats an interesting perspective. Just do what you think is right, it is your life after all.

Ðanisty

Cerrax said:
More and more as I read posts here and respond to them, I seem to have a fondness for Satan (but I prefer to call him Lucifer. Satan is such an ugly word). I'm wondering if maybe Satanism (or Luciferian or whatever other sects of the Left-Hand Paths) I am fit for, if any at all. Here's what I do believe:

Jesus suffered the same fate as Lucifer (He stood up for what he believed and was tortured) Yet somehow he is a good guy, while Lucifer is labeled as evil.

From this I feel that a great injustice has occured, and while changing my faith is something that is very important and tedious, I have a strong feeling that Lucifer would appreciate a friend and admirer.

What I'm wondering is do my beliefs fit very well with any particular part of the Left-Hand Paths? Should I become a Satanist, or maybe just retain my current and religion and consider myself a firm supporter of Lucifer?
I honestly think you should look into it. Many of your beliefs are the same as mine. It really all depends on what feels right to you. I definitely think it's worth some more research though.

Dr. Nosophoros

Interesting post but I think it reveals more about yourself than you probably wanted to give. "Satanists" or whatever you want to call them or they call themselves from what I have seen are at base atheists, or as I like to say, atheists with a "bite", but they only bite those who bite themselves with simple words, terminology and aesthetics that overall Judeo Christian society has demanded some react to. I would say many (the ones you actually should consider) operate completely outside of the parameteres of "boxes of thought" that society has thrown upon them.
Is it right for you? only time will tell.

Ðanisty

Dr. Nosophoros said:
Interesting post but I think it reveals more about yourself than you probably wanted to give. "Satanists" or whatever you want to call them or they call themselves from what I have seen are at base atheists, or as I like to say, atheists with a "bite", but they only bite those who bite themselves with simple words, terminology and aesthetics that overall Judeo Christian society has demanded some react to. I would say many (the ones you actually should consider) operate completely outside of the parameteres of "boxes of thought" that society has thrown upon them.
Is it right for you? only time will tell.
With all due respect, you are only describing one type of Satanism (modern or LaVeyan Satanism). There are Satanists and other practitioners of the LHP that are theists and I'm certain this is what Cerrax was getting at since he already implied a belief in God.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
although this is not my DIR forum, if i may just say, i hope you find what you are looking for, Cerrax

Doktormartini

小虎
I don't believe in God or Lucifer, but I would like to say you have pretty cool beliefs there.

Also, best of luck to you!

Dr. Nosophoros

you are only describing one type of Satanism (modern or LaVeyan Satanism). There are Satanists and other practitioners of the LHP that are theists and I'm certain this is what Cerrax was getting at since he already implied a belief in God.

That is why I replied the way I did, I'm not in the business or have an interest in converting, if someone finds a thought process interesting I encourage thought or exploration- at least someone is thinking. If said person finds that system or lack thereof not conducive to their personal good or benefit, I would think them a fool for not discarding it, but in the learning process for myself I have found that wisdom and knowledge comes in increments. Press on, I say and maybe before our earthly existence is squandered we will come to a conclusion, but always keep options open, for we will never know everything, constant searching is the key IMO though we may never reach the "truth" even though we might think it is at the time.

Scarlett Wampus

psychonaut
The myths surrounding the figure of Lucifer seem to vary a lot. For instance the myth I usually hear as related to me by a friend goes like this: Lucifer hated humankind for being both close to God (like himself) and also simple physical & earthly creatures (which he detested, found disgusting and impure). Outraged that they should be given such a gift he fell due to his overweening pride, envy and wraith, vowing to corrupt & destroy humankind to spite God and ruin his creation.

The Lucifer you describe sounds like a great guy.

Ðanisty

Scarlett Wampus said:
The myths surrounding the figure of Lucifer seem to vary a lot. For instance the myth I usually hear as related to me by a friend goes like this: Lucifer hated humankind for being both close to God (like himself) and also simple physical & earthly creatures (which he detested, found disgusting and impure). Outraged that they should be given such a gift he fell due to his overweening pride, envy and wraith, vowing to corrupt & destroy humankind to spite God and ruin his creation.

The Lucifer you describe sounds like a great guy.
From what I understand, the deal was that God asked Lucifer to submit to man and Lucifer didn't feel that should be required...he felt that God should not ask him to submit to any earthly creature and that only God was worthy of worship. Naturally though, he changed his mind about that later too...lol.

Dr. Nosophoros

Those who follow satan go hell dont they?
Yes, but my homegirl is really the envisionment and symbolism of Kali (My Homegirl is Kali!) I really should make T-shirts at the mall but the pay is much less than I make now, maybe as a sideline or for kicks or for a genuine interest in perverting youth or just to turn a few bucks here and there- overall, I don't know. For those who still give precedence to the primitive Hebrew ideas of themselves in printed form and those that still believe in it, I give you a most righteous song that has absolutely nothing to do with any of it, but enjoy it anyway or not, and all that stuff in between.
YouTube - AC/DC Highway to hell

kai

ragamuffin

i think you should have a liberal dose of reality.

wednesday

Jesus
i think you should have a liberal dose of reality.

I didn't think satanists could be as philisophical and christians about how their God came to be and all the faries and pixies about it.
Each to their own but to me Satanism/LHP is a modern approach to religion and teaches one to uphold themselves over others, which happens anyway generally.

kai

ragamuffin
I didn't think satanists could be as philisophical and christians about how their God came to be and all the faries and pixies about it.
Each to their own but to me Satanism/LHP is a modern approach to religion and teaches one to uphold themselves over others, which happens anyway generally.
satan is not a god he is not even a gua,uld

Dr. Nosophoros

Satan is a God and God states him as so, he stated these words through a mortals pen in the Bible: Jehovavites 56:98, "I don't dislike Satan, I actually like the guy, he carried my kegs on his back (skinned) to unknown destinations"

Overall the primitive Jewish "ball licker" is of no interest to me for the idea of a subservient mind is anethema.

I'm a deist and don't believe in heaven, hell or angels... but I always found satanists to be avoided because it was a concept in my mind that they worshipped an icon of evil. I find your views extremely interesting.

I do have some questions though- not to be impertinant or sway you or anything like that:

So, do you side with God for choosing to punish Lucifer the way he did? or do you side with Lucifer/Christ? Aren't the two kind of blended in this line of thought? If God is the enemy,though, is there any hope in the universe? Also: Isn't it Christianity that labeled Lucifer with such a bad name and reputation, not God himself- and used him (wrongly) as a moral example to fear the wrath of God?

Also, aren't most writings of Lucifer non-cannonical? (lol, not that I really care)

Sorry, that's more than one question. I'm just curious.