• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it Reasonable to believe God is Transgender?

FredVB

Being transgender is having a change to what one was, as a human being. God is not a physical being anyway, and the essence of God never changes and is without any change.
You know, I would ask a slightly larger question: "Is it reasonable to believe God is...." anything at all you'd care to think about?

And if you answer "yes," then the next question is, "how do you know?"
I see it is knowable that God is the essential being, which causes all else coming into existence, and being essential existence then is existing without limitation in any way. All characteristics are without limit. God is able to create all else, with power for that, God is knowledgeable for that, God is caring, which shows with the world having provisions, all this without God being limited, and God made us as persons, and God having those qualities I see with just being logical would also be personal to have made us that way. And it makes sense that with us wanting it God would reveal things to us, including some more things about God.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Transgender. Not trans sex. The existence or non-existence of a body is not relevant.

Is it Reasonable to believe God is Transgender?

Not reasonable at all, as it can be easily proven to be a "not reasonable sentence"

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
When someone on this board says that something can be "easily proven", it is rare that there is anything forthcoming that can bear up under examination.
If someone is interested in the proof and can't figure it out himself, I will be happy to give it.

FredVB

God is essential being, the existence there always necessarily is. If God was not that, there would be no God. But then there would not be anything. And God being the essential being would necessarily be changeless, and will always be the same, without end or any limitation. The only change in existence is creation and that being made to what it will be, and that involves change, but God does not change with that, while still being involved with the creation from God. In that God can relate in different ways with any of God's creation, but it isn't God changing and it is all consistent with God.

ppp

God is essential being, the existence there always necessarily is. If God was not that, there would be no God. But then there would not be anything. And God being the essential being would necessarily be changeless, and will always be the same, without end or any limitation. The only change in existence is creation and that being made to what it will be, and that involves change, but God does not change with that, while still being involved with the creation from God. In that God can relate in different ways with any of God's creation, but it isn't God changing and it is all consistent with God.
None of that said anything about gender

FredVB

None of that said anything about gender

I thought it was clear. Gender is condition of things in creation, not a quality of essential existence that is Creator of all else. Being personal though means I would not speak of God as it. I know many still say "he" of God for that reason and this pronoun is in translations of the Bible for God for that reason, even though capitalizing it to distinguish the pronoun for God. I have come to use the term "God" instead of a pronoun for God more and more though. It helps me when I think of God having a name. That God is not ever changing is inclusive that if there was any gender that gender would not ever change either.

The thing about any who are transgender is that they have a change of gender. That is not God. God as essential being never was changing.

ppp

The thing about any who are transgender is that they have a change of gender.
That is a false statement, and belies a basic misunderstanding of the situation. Trans folk don't change their gender. When a person's gender identity does not align with their apparent sex, they are trans.

Transgender individuals don't change their gender; rather, they affirm their true gender identity, which may not align with the sex they were assigned at birth. Being transgender is about one's internal understanding of their gender identity. Physical alterations, such as hormone therapy or surgery, are personal choices and don't define whether someone is transgender. It's important to distinguish between gender identity and physical or biological aspects when discussing transgender topics.

Almost everything that you said before the line I quoted above is about you and what you have come to terms with. Whether or not God is transgender is irrelevant to anything you feel or do. You are taking entirely the wrong approach. Your argument against God being transgender should be that gender is a social construct about the gender role that one assumes and relates to in a society. That God cannot be transgender because God has no sex against which to contrast his gender. For that same reason God cannot be cisgender. Perhaps God would be best described as genderfluid.

Genderfluid is a gender identity which refers to a gender that varies, or changes over time. This can be occasionally, every month, every week, every day, or every few moments during a day depending on the person. Sometimes it is consistent and sometimes it is not. A genderfluid person's gender may change dramatically, delicately, rapidly, or slowly also depending on the person. The gender may stay the same for several months or change within minutes. Sometimes the gender changes in response to different circumstances. Genderfluid is under the multigender umbrella. Genderfluid individuals may also identify as non-binary or transgender, but do not have to. Genderfluid is related to genderflux.

FredVB

Trans folk don't change their gender. When a person's gender identity does not align with their apparent sex, they are trans.

You really believe this about God? I am sure that God is fully consistent with being God. Being male or female, or being masculine or feminine, is a part to some of God's creation, it is not inherent to existence or to God. There would not be any of God not aligning with anything further of God, that this would be so seems to be bizarre thinking.