• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it possible to speak to much about one topic?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Sometimes I feel that I myself can be a bit over the top when it comes to repeat questions or OP in this forum, So my question this time is. Can one person overdo one topic so much that others will react in a negative way toward the topic or the Original questionnaire?

For example, when one person (does not need to be me) asks a similar question or same question over and over again, how does this affect your mood and willingness to be a part of the discussion?
Is it ok to say, can you please ask other questions, because we already discussed this topic to death and back? Or will that be a rude question to ask?

Are we as participants in a discussion a good case for solving a personal problem, or are we more of a "troublemaker"?

Personally I find it very easy to avoid reading threads I'm not interested in. So, unless someone is spamming the same topic multiple times a day, then people can revisit the same topic as many times as they like.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I know people on here who speak a lot. The potential issue? They spread it extra thinly across 100,000+ posts. :p:D
I guess more then I have been like this when reading the same kind of post over and over again.....
asleep-at-keyboard.png

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Sometimes I feel that I myself can be a bit over the top when it comes to repeat questions or OP in this forum, So my question this time is. Can one person overdo one topic so much that others will react in a negative way toward the topic or the Original questionnaire?

For example, when one person (does not need to be me) asks a similar question or same question over and over again, how does this affect your mood and willingness to be a part of the discussion?
Is it ok to say, can you please ask other questions, because we already discussed this topic to death and back? Or will that be a rude question to ask?

Are we as participants in a discussion a good case for solving a personal problem, or are we more of a "troublemaker"?

Unfortunately, I go into conversations thinking that this same topic would be understood from the other person's point of view. If so, there's something to learn. Like the trinity thing. I understand both views. Both sides gave me their explanation. Both sides makes sense. I don't mind repeatitive topics as long as I'm getting a fresh perspective of it sense everyone has their own say about the topic; and, like fingerprints, each person's point of view is different based on their prebias and their experiences. Also, I don't debate topics I am close to like LGBTQ issues, abortion, and things of that nature. Politics like trump stuff I bypass. So, a lot of RF topics aren't really new but I hope there is some new perspective. False hope. Guess I'm in denial.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
but seriously speaking, you do make a good point about a disturbing trend that crops up in discussion groups
It has worried me a bit to be honest because it is sad when someone (including my self) get stuck on one topic that becomes so important that they (me) can not see the truth that is right in front of us.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I really don't think it's possible to speak too much about a topic though. But this reminds me of a long story about wood. When I was a kid, I saw a log. But this wasn't just any log. It was a log log. I kept a log of it each day and...

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Only when it comes to free will vs determinism. That dead horse has been brought out and dragged around the block so often that only the bridle is left.

nPeace

Veteran Member

Personally, I believe people don't mind going over something if they are passionate about it.
Some don't seem however, to mind repeating the process all over again. So I would allow them to, because they may find enjoyment in passing their time that way.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
It has worried me a bit to be honest because it is sad when someone (including my self) get stuck on one topic that becomes so important that they (me) can not see the truth that is right in front of us.

Or assuming there is a truth to begin with?

Sometimes every other person goes into a discussion but they already made a conclusion from the discussion before it had been taken place.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Is it possible to speak to much about one topic?

Enlightened people are silent
People speak their mind, because something bothers them
So, speaking a lot, just tells that something bothers them a lot

If speaking a lot, solves their problem, then it is not too much
If speaking a lot, does not solve their problem, then it might be too much