• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it okay to kill this?

.lava

Veteran Member
It's not actually a civil issue, it's a personal one. It may be uncivil to terminate a life, but it is entirely uncivil to dictate what one does with their body.

so if someone decides to exploid his body with TNT on a street full of people, it is OK?

no-body

Abortion rights proponents wouldn't see a problem with her aborting the baby and going forward with her life plans (to become an attorney). But thank God she didn't choose abortion. She kept that baby, even though up till the moment she held her she considered giving her up for adoption. She decided to keep the baby though, and now we have our beautiful Maggie in our lives.

My daughter never did finish her degree. But she did meet a fantastic guy who was attracted to her initially BECAUSE he knew her story and respected her decision not to abort her baby. Their friendship started when she was about 6 months pregnant. They were nothing more than friends but after she had the baby, Josh fell in love with both of them, and they both fell in love with him.

Now they have two more children between them, and have adopted a baby from Korea. And I'm so glad that HIS single mother didn't have an abortion either!

Her first pregnancy was a mistake. It was the result of irresponsible actions. But she took ownership of her actions and she made the harder choice - the choice that required self sacrifice and maturity.

Well that's a lovely opinion you have there but slicing out all the hysterical emotional appeals you are basically saying you want to force your believes on what's "the right thing to do" on everyone else.

Doing the right thing isn't usually the easiest route to take - at least not short term. But in the long haul, the rewards are worth it.

People who are opposed to abortion-for-convenience are concerned with protecting the human rights of the baby - the one person in the equation who is completely innocent, and completely defenseless.
Showing pictures of your grand kids and saying well what if she had aborted? is the worst kind of chicanery. It's like asking "well what if someone had aborted you?" it's a dumb argument, if someone had aborted me I wouldn't care because I wouldn't be here. It's better that woman continue to have rights than anthropomorphizing a mass of cells and giving them imaginary rights.

.lava

Veteran Member
Exploding a bomb on a street full of people very much dictates what many other people do with their bodies.

yes, of course. i don't see much difference between though. 23 weeks old pregnancy, i see a baby and people are OK with its murderer. IMO such a defensless creature should be protected specially when he is not protected by his own mother

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
And others see such a unique situation of dependency where the woman's needs come first since she has to take care of the fetus.

Trying to drive up an emotional debate is really useless as neither side can honestly say that a woman even thinking about an abortion is going through an easy time. I personally judge women my age who have no father around to help to be more responsible when they get an abortion; others may disagree. But the point stands that any debate about "violating rights" or "responcibility" can be flipped around.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Well that's a lovely opinion you have there but slicing out all the hysterical emotional appeals you are basically saying you want to force your believes on what's "the right thing to do" on everyone else.

Showing pictures of your grand kids and saying well what if she had aborted? is the worst kind of chicanery. It's like asking "well what if someone had aborted you?" it's a dumb argument, if someone had aborted me I wouldn't care because I wouldn't be here. It's better that woman continue to have rights than anthropomorphizing a mass of cells and giving them imaginary rights.

I agree ..I was thinking that earlier..All of us could just show pictures of ourselves and say "I could have been aborted"..

I think thats kind of obvious..

Love

Dallas

.lava

Veteran Member
is zygot equal 23 week old fetus? i am not good with terms here so excuse me if it is needed. to me it is a baby, not a piece of flesh

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
is zygot equal 23 week old fetus? i am not good with terms here so excuse me if it is needed. to me it is a baby, not a piece of flesh

No..zygote is way before 23 weeks gestation..I believe its a "zygote" for about the first week...Then it becomes an embryo..

Love

Dallas

Smoke

Done here.
Oh boy, I knew that the minute I said that bad word "responsibility" some people would get up in arms.
Fine, then Kathryn. Take responsibility for your actions and live with the consequences of your decisions. Return to your adulterous first husband.

Someone has to stand up for the most innocent and most defenseless members of our society. In this case, it's the unborn.
The "unborn" are no more members of our society than than "preconceived" are.

Frankly, showing pictures of your grandchildren is a cheap emotional ploy that demonstrates the weakness of your argument.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Fine, then Kathryn. Take responsibility for your actions and live with the consequences of your decisions. Return to your adulterous first husband.

The "unborn" are no more members of our society than than "preconceived" are.

Frankly, showing pictures of your grandchildren is a cheap emotional ploy that demonstrates the weakness of your argument.

I agree..who cares if she has grandchildren..Im taking care of my granchild (right now) as we speak he is napping)..

I love him..That has nothing to do with this topic.(plus I was born..so was my husband and we had kids that one has had a kid so far..you want pictures to prove it?)

Love

Dallas

.lava

Veteran Member
After it is born.
Same for infant.
Before it is born it is a zygote, then an embryo, then a fetus.

we are very different about this, that's all i can say. to me it is a baby after it was born or ten minutes before it was born

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
we are very different about this, that's all i can say. to me it is a baby after it was born or ten minutes before it was born

According to Stedman's Medical Dictionary and the medical records of all four of my children, three nieces, and a nephew, the correct medical terms for a "baby" before birth is zygote, then embryo, then fetus.

You are free to redefine the words however you like.

Smoke

Done here.

Before it's born, it's a metronome. After it's born, it's a xylophone. I'm entitled to my opinion, after all, and words mean whatever I want them to mean.