• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it okay to kill this?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I personally know woman that have had abortions, one in particular has had several. These women are now tortured souls. Very depressed, Bad things happening in there life
What does that have to do with the OP?
What does that have to do with the current tangent?

Midnight Pete

Interesting how this "partial birth" abortion keeps coming up when it is illegal in the USA.

One wonders why so many anti-choice people dwell upon this appeal to emotion...
Is it because they got nothing else?

What they've got is something you apparently lack.

A soul.

dust1n

Zindīq
What about the ones where the baby is delivered alive and killed anyway. Do you think those babies feel?

Nothing at all. But what does this have to do with abortion? Most places in America, the abortion limit is 24 weeks except in rare cases, like when the mother's life is at stake.

dust1n

Zindīq
I personally know woman that have had abortions, one in particular has had several. These women are now tortured souls. Very depressed, Bad things happening in there life

I personally know women that have had abortions. These women are doing just fine. Very average and healthy, with much better prospects in life opposed to raising a baby.

tomato1236

Ninja Master
Interesting how this "partial birth" abortion keeps coming up when it is illegal in the USA.

One wonders why so many anti-choice people dwell upon this appeal to emotion...
Is it because they got nothing else?

What's wrong with an appeal to emotion?

tomato1236

Ninja Master
Wait...
I though that people believing he does not exist was his greatest weapon...
I sure wish you theists would come to come collaboration on what exactly is his greatest weapon.

Yeah. This is typical. This is much like a peeve I have in my church. You always hear that "The most important principle of the gospel is..." and then you just enter whatever it is you're teaching so it's a big deal. I can't believe how many most important principles there are.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Like my old friend Jack Nicholson used to say, "you can't handle the truth".
Heh... you do realize what context he said that in, right?

He was explaining how acts that some people find distasteful, or even downright evil, can sometimes be necessary to serve the greater good.

Danmac

Heh... you do realize what context he said that in, right?

He was explaining how acts that some people find distasteful, or even downright evil, can sometimes be necessary to serve the greater good.

Wow. Now if we can just give God the same consideration He will cease to be a cruel God.

BostonGirl

Abortion is a choice. Although I would never have an abortion I firmly believe that everyone has the right to make that choice for themselves. Women should have the options to control their own bodies and lives. I also think it is easier for men to be pro choice because they do not have the burden of being stuck with the child.

dust1n

Zindīq
What have you got against the unborn? Do you not realize you were once as they are?

Yes, I was once in a womb, completely unaware of anything whatsoever, and could have been legitimately aborted had my mother decided to. And honestly, I can think of a lot of real life applications that are far worse than never having existed.

gnomon

Yes, I was once in a womb, completely unaware of anything whatsoever, and could have been legitimately aborted had my mother decided to. And honestly, I can think of a lot of real life applications that are far worse than never having existed.

My womb had 5,000 square feet, a lily pond with unicorns and a three car garage.

To be flushed out of that.

Sorry Mom!