• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is It Ethical To Use Amazon?

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I don't use it because it's usually ridiculously expensive.

They want $30 for the exact same brand and size of wild rice I get at the supermarket for $5

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

They want $30 for the exact same brand and size of wild rice I get at the supermarket for $5

Wow, that's surprising. Amazon is usually the cheapest option for a great number of things in my corner of the world.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member

Maybe there is a grain of truth to this, but I don't know what kind of rice you are talking about.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Capitalism thrives and relies on exploitation of the working class. It doesn't matter the company, someone is getting abused. For anything to get better, Capitalism has to be reigned in with restrictions and regulations.

Capitalism is reigned in with restrictions and regulations everywhere on the planet that it exists, though. How do you figure that it is inherently exploitative? If I sell something to you as one private citizen to another, and we both agree on the price and both are happy with the deal, is that exploitation?

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
If that what you are selling was produced using exploitation ...

Was it? Is there no circumstance in which a product can be produced non-exploitatively unless the state owns the means of production?

Heyo

Veteran Member
Was it? Is there no circumstance in which a product can be produced non-exploitatively unless the state owns the means of production?
I said "if", I don't claim that all production is exploitative. The production (or more precisely distribution) at Amazon is exploitative. When you force your children to produce what you are selling as a private citizen, it is exploitative.