• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No! It's a HIPPIE!"

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
:eek:

I can't believe this is happening. Visoko hosted a Miss Eco-Hippie pageant earlier this summer. This is so sad...

1. Why?

2. How did I not know?

1mj0.jpg

3il8.jpg

Go Eco-Hippies! (Ironic the pageant was in one of Bosnia's most polluted cities - hehehe)...

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Those are hippies? :confused: They don't look like hippies. They're all identical and in cave-tart uniforms. They look like they're trying to be seductive.
Nothing hippieish about that. :no:

Pardus

Proud to be a Sinner.
Who says a hippy has to wear tie dye?

I not saying they are hippies, just making the point that imagery is not the concept.

PureX

Veteran Member
...Yet another excuse for eastern European women to dress up like sex toys. Why don't they just have weekly "best sex-toy" pageants on TV and drop the excuses? *smile*

I'd still watch.

CDRaider

Pardus said:
Who says a hippy has to wear tie dye?

I not saying they are hippies, just making the point that imagery is not the concept.

See, I consider tie dye to be hippies in the way that Jimmy Hendrix is considered a 'hippie'.

I think these women are supposed to be the women that wear all natural clothes, organic food, that kinda of stuff. Tye Dye is synthetic and is more related with stoners....

PureX

Veteran Member
Back in the day, Hippies were "stoners". And their interest in the environment had not defined itself so clearly as to have become an interest in all-natural foods, or recycling, or that sort of thing. "Hippies" thought of themselves as the vanguard of a whole new social movement where psychodelic drugs and free sex would transform the cultures of the world from money-grubbing and war-mongering to some vague idealized vision of peace and love.

And Jimmy Hendrix certainly was a "Hippie", tie-dye an all. *smile*

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Seyorni said:
Those are hippies? :confused: They don't look like hippies. They're all identical and in cave-tart uniforms. They look like they're trying to be seductive.
Nothing hippieish about that. :no:

I agree with you. I was looking for some hippie characteristics but I didn't see any. Honestly when I saw that I thought that the costumes looked like something the Flintstones would wear.

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
Hehehe - well, I think it's probably safe to say two or three of those girls might qualify as actual hippies, but most are "East European Hippies". It's a completely different concept, I'm not sure if I can explain.

American Hippie: Not shaving your arm pits is natural, dude. This is how a woman is supposed to be! Stop the frankenfood, yo!

East European Hippie: ...and there was this turtle, and he had this piece of plastic around his neck, and he was dying. Or dead, I don't know, I had to change the channel. It's so great the government started paying those Gypsies to clean the streets and stuff, yes? Everything will be so much more environmentally friendly, which is important because that's why tourists come. And, you know, for health and all that too. Is this make-up tested on animals, do you think? That makes me so sad. Why do they have to test it on bunnies? They should use like... lizards... or something.

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
That one in the middle has to be a real hippie, come on - she's barefoot and everything (and not just because she's Muslim :cover:). :D

2rq1.jpg

And they obviously make their own clothes, that's the first sign! LOL

3y5z1pd.jpg

PureX

Veteran Member
Real Hippies:

G11L.jpg

The "Road Hog" bus, El Rito, New Mexico, Fourth of July parade, 1968. Buses, decorated in psychedelic colors, provided a home on the road as groups staged protests and created happenings.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
PureX said:
Note: those folks in the photo are all around 55 - 65 years old, now. *smile*

True. And some of us have neither cut off our hair nor forgotton our dreams.