• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is ISIS persecution and murder of gay men Islamic?

Is anti-gay violence within the mainstream of Islam?

• Yes

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Explain)

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
No it doesn't, each country has its own laws, one gay is living so close to where i live, no problem whatsoever.
Has he told you he has no problems?
Or have you just noticed that nobody has killed him?

It is not the same thing.

Tom

gsa

No it doesn't, each country has its own laws, one gay is living so close to where i live, no problem whatsoever.

The overwhelming majority of Islamic states criminalize homosexuality, whether applying sharia or secular criminal codes. That is not up for debate; the question is whether Islam sanctions the execution of gays.

So it is your position that if the Quran prohibits something but doesn't specify punishment, no punishment can be applied?

As much as I know, Islam prohibits leewatah(anal sex) so it is both sinful and not allowed for men to have sex with other men and women on the rectal area.
Countries, under Sharia law, definitely encourage and apply violence on gays. You can find more info if you go on and search like "gay murders in Iran" etc.
By the way, I live in Turkey and this country has also nearly no tolerence for gays. Once minister of family claimed that homosexuality is a disease and should be cured. And mayor of Ankara metropolitan municipality, " Our country is completely free from this immorality" :D

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
The overwhelming majority of Islamic states criminalize homosexuality, whether applying sharia or secular criminal codes. That is not up for debate; the question is whether Islam sanctions the execution of gays.

So it is your position that if the Quran prohibits something but doesn't specify punishment, no punishment can be applied?

Yes no punishment applied on homosexuals and i may add that even drinking liqueurs shouldn't be punishable as in the quran it's advisable to avoid it but never assign punishment on drinkers also eating pork is prohibited but shouldn't be punishable if one wished doing it.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
As much as I know, Islam prohibits leewatah(anal sex) so it is both sinful and not allowed for men to have sex with other men and women on the rectal area.
Countries, under Sharia law, definitely encourage and apply violence on gays. You can find more info if you go on and search like "gay murders in Iran" etc.
By the way, I live in Turkey and this country has also nearly no tolerence for gays. Once minister of family claimed that homosexuality is a disease and should be cured. And mayor of Ankara metropolitan municipality, " Our country is completely free from this immorality" :D

Yes they regarded it as misbehavior similar to pedophilia.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
This thread would be more interesting if there were Muslims participating.
@Godobeyer
@FearGod
@SmartGuy

Tom
thanks for tag me columbus

maybe you know Most of Muslims and maybe Most of humans considere homosexual relation as immoral relation , and not normal .

ISIS is criminal group we (the Muslims) don't accept them , so we fought and fighting them.

whatever their opinion about gay or homosexual , so we don't care , if they true or wrong .

what we cares is eliminating ISIS

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
Get used to it, there will be more horrors to come unfortunately.

I would have said ISIS is a misnomer, in reality, by their actions and rhetoric, they are anything but religious, just latest bunch of death cult neo-nazi thugs , since Pol Pot of the 1980's and the Taliban of the 1990's, to crawl out of the gutter.

Many continue to blame the West for their problems when in fact they should have a close look in the mirror especially at their political and religious leaders. Basically ISIS have been given breathing space because of the total incompetence, corruption, feudalistic and back-stabbing of Islamic leaders of the Middle East. .

With ISIS's current behavior I must say I could agree with some peoples suggestion that we could get rid of a few of those old H-bombs and give them some real Armageddon, it would make many sadly very happy at the moment.

However the problem is, I think, that this is exactly what ISIS wants, to draw the West back into the endless conflict, hoping to result in the famous "predicted" "End of Days" battle.

The solution is do not get involved, this is a Muslim problem let them sort it out. Most real Muslims are disgusted with ISIS behavior. This can be achieved by simply denying them this excuse for world disaster and mindless slaughter, in order to conquer them. ISIS are incompetent at maintaining a workable social system for a sustained period, and will eventually fail and collapse. Some of our younger naive, idealistic and rather stupid "jehadists" that went to Turkey then joined ISIS are now ringing home to try and get out now they have seen the reality of the barbarity there.

Confine, contain and harass them, be patient and ISIS will self destruct by themselves. Unfortunately many will continue to be slaughtered by this scourge, but this carnage and violence seems to be "situation normal" in the Middle East, that has sadly continued for thousands of years.
If boots on the ground are required they should definitely not be western, this is a Muslim coming of age deal.

Fueling the flames are two groups of religious radicals, the Jewish Hassidic conservatives that illegally build on other peoples lands that acts as a festering wound in the middle east politics and the extreme Saudi Wahhabi scholars that promote and give "substance" to ISIS claims. Both of these are Western Allies both these groups need to be reined in and put down.
In the long term I believe the only viable permanent solution is to split Iraq into a Sunni West , Kurdish North and Shia South, even though most Iraqis would prefer a continuation of their geographic boundaries as defined by the British and French after WW1, that system has been a demonstrated failure.

Cheers

Last edited:

OneLife

Of course it is invalid since the quran never affirmed it.
If you cannot accept one hadith then surely all are called into question....dont sit on the fence to keep the hadith as a prop to pull out when suitable and discard whe n it runs contrary to your views

Unification

Is it even reasonable to aim for scriptural support of social enlightment and moral advance?

In my opinion finding some way of supporting what are now reasonable or even necessary attitudes with any scripture from centuries ago is attempting to fit a round peg in a square hole. It may sometimes be possible, but should not be expected.

If we attempt to insist on it, very soon the effort would lead to a situation of actively attempting to reestablish moral understandings that should be badly outdated. People learn better. Scripture is essentially incapable of doing so. And the moral space and moral demands of the current levels of population, technology, communication, transports and social and psychological sciences are very significantly different from those of Middle East one and a half millenia ago - and they should be.

It's very reasonable. The scriptures have nothing to do with ANY religion. They are all about the brain and mind and have an internalized meaning.

The brain and the mind are capable of change.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
If you cannot accept one hadith then surely all are called into question....dont sit on the fence to keep the hadith as a prop to pull out when suitable and discard whe n it runs contrary to your views

I'm free in the way i think.

gsa

As an interpretive rule, disregarding a hadith that provides for punishment that is not outlined in the Quran is not necessarily the equivalent of discarding all hadiths. I guess that the problem would be how to judge the chain of narration if this saying is considered unacceptable, but the same chain has an acceptable saying. If you reject one saying that comes from the same chain as a saying that you accept, then you would have to explain how that saying is untrustworthy but the other saying is not.

OneLife

As an interpretive rule, disregarding a hadith that provides for punishment that is not outlined in the Quran is not necessarily the equivalent of discarding all hadiths. I guess that the problem would be how to judge the chain of narration if this saying is considered unacceptable, but the same chain has an acceptable saying. If you reject one saying that comes from the same chain as a saying that you accept, then you would have to explain how that saying is untrustworthy but the other saying is not.
well said...and i seriously could not have put it better myself...but the what I was trying to convey is that even if one chain of narration is called into question then the others can also have similiar flaws in the chain but just not found out as such and therefore all hadith should either be rejected or accepted in the entirety as selective usage would not be ascceptable defense as such....but then again its only my humble simplkistic thoughts on the subject...

gsa

well said...and i seriously could not have put it better myself...but the what I was trying to convey is that even if one chain of narration is called into question then the others can also have similiar flaws in the chain but just not found out as such and therefore all hadith should either be rejected or accepted in the entirety as selective usage would not be ascceptable defense as such....but then again its only my humble simplkistic thoughts on the subject...

I am certainly no expert on how the hadiths are reconciled with the Koran, so your guess is as good as mine.

dust1n

Zindīq
Unsurprising so many unrelated people in God's wake in his attempts to punish certain people:

"In urban areas of Rwanda and Zambia, most heterosexually transmitted HIV infections occur within marital or cohabiting relationships, according to a probability model that combined clinical data on couples' HIV status with population-based data on sexual behavior.1 The estimated proportion is particularly high in Rwanda, where more than 90% of such infections, among both women and men, may occur between cohabiting or married partners"

Most Heterosexual HIV Transmission in Urban Rwanda And Zambia Occurs in Married or Cohabiting Couples

dust1n

Zindīq
Whoops, a backfire:

"Iran's health minister, Hassan Hashemi, has expressed serious concerns over a dramatic rise in the number of people with HIV in the country, complaining that the current taboo prevents patients from receiving treatment.

"Today people in Iran are frightened of Aids because of misinformation and unscientific claims. This is why it remains a taboo," he said at an event in Tehran marking World Aids Day on Sunday, according to local media. "There has been a ninefold growth in the number of people with Aids in the past 11 years and an 80% increase each year."

He warned that the majority were unaware of their infections and that the trend was shifting from drug use to sexual transmission.

"This is more than the rate of our inflation or the rise in house prices," he said. According to Hashemi, social stigma means that HIV patients and their relatives keep the disease secret and ordinary people have little contact with those infected.

"Unfortunately, in our country, the status of awarness among patients, social support and education and prevention is poor," he said. "In Iran, the trend is shifting from transmission through drug addicts sharing syringes to transmission through high-risk sexual activities." About 5% of HIV patients in the country are child workers, the minister said."

Iran sees dramatic rise in HIV infections | World news | The Guardian