• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God pro-abortion?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
We were talking about truth and lies, the Scripture was who is influencing people who are dead in trespasses and sins and what God has done for us. Pretty awesome.
And how would you prove that the scriptures are true? Their amazing number of failures indicate that that is not the case.

Nope, a semi-mythical person does not get to redefine terminology.

And no, none of my minor faux pas would do that. If they did just think how much trouble that you are in. And no, my minor crimes would only need a minor punishment. You want to inflict an infinite one, that does not speak well to your morality. Now I know that you will blame your God, but then you are just claiming that your God is immoral.

What a conundrum for you, if your God is moral he does not exist. Ow!!!
It is quite a conundrum! We all deserve the wrath of God. That’s why Jesus came :
“And according to the law almost all things are purified with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission. Therefore it was necessary that the copies of the things in the heavens should be purified with these, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. For Christ has not entered the holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us; not that He should offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood of another— He then would have had to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now, once at the end of the ages, He has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself. And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭9:22-28‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Whether you believe these things or not, you claim to understand but obviously you don’t.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It is quite a conundrum! We all deserve the wrath of God. That’s why Jesus came :
“And according to the law almost all things are purified with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission. Therefore it was necessary that the copies of the things in the heavens should be purified with these, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. For Christ has not entered the holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us; not that He should offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood of another— He then would have had to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now, once at the end of the ages, He has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself. And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭9:22-28‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Whether you believe these things or not, you claim to understand but obviously you don’t.
We really don't. Or at least most of us do not. That is just propaganda that has been fed to you.

Are you over your fear yet? Tell me how would you properly test your beliefs?

They hooked you with fear, insults, and false promises.

No, it is not "hot air" when it is proven that is all that you have.

You could show me to be wrong:

How would you properly test your beliefs? So far you have not come even close to a proper test. Your God appears to be no more real than The Great Juju.
If you want to continue discussing the Bible, then you’ll have to study more because you don’t have a clue about the meaning, you don’t even understand what it means to be a Christian, penalty for sin or the grasp the basics. And no God is not pro - abortion but pro-life, eternal life which He Himself provided and offers to everyone.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If you want to continue discussing the Bible, then you’ll have to study more because you don’t have a clue about the meaning, you don’t even understand what it means to be a Christian, penalty for sin or the grasp the basics. And no God is not pro - abortion but pro-life, eternal life which He Himself provided and offers to everyone.
No, I understand quite well what it is to be a Christian. I also know why the religion fails. That is why I keep asking you questions that you have to duck. The answers would show that you were wrong so you cannot afford to answer them.

Once again, how would you properly test your beliefs?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You sound like you used to be a Catholic
Nope. I have some cousins that were Catholic. I was freaked out a bit by all of the statues they have in their churches.

Once again, how would you properly test your beliefs? The weak in faith are afraid to test their beliefs. The strong in faith will do so and accept the results.

No, I understand quite well what it is to be a Christian. I also know why the religion fails. That is why I keep asking you questions that you have to duck. The answers would show that you were wrong so you cannot afford to answer them.

Once again, how would you properly test your beliefs?
Answered many times, you don’t like the answers, you sound lonely though, maybe get some fellowship with a group of people, in person.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Answered many times, you don’t like the answers, you sound lonely though, maybe get some fellowship with a group of people, in person.
No. you did not give an appropriate answer once. The best that you could do was to prove that your beliefs are not better than the other religions that you insult.

And once again, turn down the projection just a notch or two.

It’s not immoral for God to judge sin

What is sin and why is it something bad? Do you believe that sin is simply a transgression against god? How does working on Saturday transgress against god other than him just saying don't do it? How could a mortal human even begin to offend an immortal being?
Judges can judge people for violating agreed upon laws because our society has agreed that they should not be committed. We then agreed upon what those punishments should as this is how democracy works. Who agreed on what a sin is or isn't and why should we care? A god saying "don't eat shellfish" is just an opinion in the same way I could say "don't eat beans."

No. you did not give an appropriate answer once. The best that you could do was to prove that your beliefs are not better than the other religions that you insult.

And once again, turn down the projection just a notch or two.
What I proved is that God is pro-life not pro abortion as you falsely say, that a person can know God, can know they have eternal life, that their sins can be forgiven because Jesus Christ has paid the penalty. God isn’t willing that anyone perish but everyone comes to repentance. Then God will give His Spirit to that person who is the guarantee of our inheritance. Receiving the Holy Spirit from God is the proof.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
It is quite a conundrum! We all deserve the wrath of God.
If that were true, then God would deserve even more wrath than us.

If there really were a God and he really were our designer and creator, then our failings would also be God's failings.

Isaiah 64:8

But now, LORD, you are our father. We are the clay, and you are our potter. All of us are the work of your hand.

If that were true, then God would deserve even more wrath than us.

If there really were a God and he really were our designer and creator, then our failings would also be God's failings.

Isaiah 64:8

But now, LORD, you are our father. We are the clay, and you are our potter. All of us are the work of your hand.

““Woe to the one who quarrels with his Maker— A piece of pottery among the other earthenware pottery pieces! Will the clay say to the potter, ‘What are you doing?’ Or the thing you are making say, ‘He has no hands’?”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭45:9‬

Too bad you didn’t have the perspective of Isaiah in the verses preceding:
“Oh, that You would tear open the heavens and come down, That the mountains would quake at Your presence— As fire kindles brushwood, as fire causes water to boil— To make Your name known to Your adversaries, That the nations may tremble at Your presence! When You did awesome things which we did not expect, You came down, the mountains quaked at Your presence. For from days of old they have not heard or perceived by ear, Nor has the eye seen a God besides You, Who acts in behalf of one who waits for Him. You meet him who rejoices in doing righteousness, Who remembers You in Your ways. Behold, You were angry, for we sinned, We continued in our sins for a long time; Yet shall we be saved? For all of us have become like one who is unclean, And all our righteous deeds are like a filthy garment; And all of us wither like a leaf, And our wrongdoings, like the wind, take us away. There is no one who calls on Your name, Who stirs himself to take hold of You; For You have hidden Your face from us And have surrendered us to the power of our wrongdoings.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭64:1-7‬ ‭

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
““Woe to the one who quarrels with his Maker— A piece of pottery among the other earthenware pottery pieces! Will the clay say to the potter, ‘What are you doing?’ Or the thing you are making say, ‘He has no hands’?”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭45:9‬
I'm not quarreling with God; I'm "quarreling" with you. Do you consider yourself to be God?

Until some god or gods make their existence known, any disagreements I'm going to have are entirely with humans.

If your belief system is consistent - which I recognize is a big "if" - you will recognize that God is ultimately responsible for all of humanity's failures.

I'm not quarreling with God; I'm "quarreling" with you. Do you consider yourself to be God?

Until some god or gods make their existence known, any disagreements I'm going to have are entirely with humans.

If your belief system is consistent - which I recognize is a big "if" - you will recognize that God is ultimately responsible for all of humanity's failures.
He gave us His Word and you are arguing with God, He came down to earth and told us what was up, it’s clear. You’re blaming God for man’s failure and rebellion. God says you can eat everything but this tree, when you do you’ll die. We rebelled, then He Himself pays the penalty, offers the gift to us and we argue with Him still! Just amazing how hard hearted we are.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
He gave us His Word and you are arguing with God, He came down to earth and told us what was up, it’s clear. You’re blaming God for man’s failure and rebellion. God says you can eat everything but this tree, when you do you’ll die. We rebelled, then He Himself pays the penalty, offers the gift to us and we argue with Him still! Just amazing how hard hearted we are.
I was completely unawares that you were in the Garden of Eden and partook of the forbidden fruit...

I will have you know that I was not present...
Didn't get the memo.
You know how it is.....

I was completely unawares that you were in the Garden of Eden and partook of the forbidden fruit...

I will have you know that I was not present...
Didn't get the memo.
You know how it is.....
We rebelled just like they did, some people see and repent others continue in their rebellion. I stopped listening to the serpent and started listening to Jesus. Glad I did

We Never Know

No Slack
Nope, you are merely grasping at straws again. All you can say is "this lady might not have been pregnant". Not much of an argument there since one has to ignore context and even some of the Hebrew terms used.

All you can say is an unfaithfulness female might or night not be pregnant. However both will go through the test to see if she's been unfaithful.

We Never Know

No Slack
Of course he does. The priest is the one that performs the abortion. He's the one with the chemical that's used for abortion.

If a mans wife is 4 months pregnant after he has been gone 6 months he doesn't need anyone to tell/show him she had been unfaithful.