• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God listening to them?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I personally agree that Creator 'listens' to everyone. We all worship the same ideal, we just give it different names.

I can't imagine that Creator would purposefully ignore a large portion of the world just because they put the wrong label on thier faith.

wa:do

SOGFPP said:
Oy vey.... "God does not answer prayers, and those who pray for things are presuming that they can sway god, instead, it'd be more appropriate for them to pay god's will be done." remember this?

If it is God's will that I become an atheist, why would my faith be able to "sway" God?
You're attacking a completely different idea. God does not will anyone to lose faith.

ker krypter

painted wolf said:
I personally agree that Creator 'listens' to everyone. We all worship the same ideal, we just give it different names.

I can't imagine that Creator would purposefully ignore a large portion of the world just because they put the wrong label on thier faith.

then why does he ignore that portion of the world

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
ker krypter said:
then why does he ignore that portion of the world
Sometimes the answer is "no".

This is a very simple concept to understand. I do not want to deny my children happiness in any way. But sometimes I say 'no'. Sometimes I say 'no' because there is danger that they cannot see, sometimes I say 'no' because they have a lesson to learn. I do not like to say 'no', but sometimes it is necessary.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
sorry... I don't see a part of the world being ignored.

I see humans causing each other problems, but that is our job to take care of. Creator shouldn't be expected to just snap his fingers and fix things for us. We need to take responcibility for our own actions and fix our own mess.

I never said, by the way, that Creator answers every prayer or provides quick fixes for our problems.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
johnnys4life said:
I think God hears us alll....and answers you if it is a righteous prayer. But also, he has his own plan...so like, if you pray for something to happen and it doesn't, sometimes it just isn't the right time.

Personally I've gotten to the point where I'm afraid to pray for anything... except protection for my friends and family... cause it seems like no matter what I pray, I always get it.

It's kinda scary, actually.
I totally agree! My prayers are generally fairly brief, because all that is really, truly important to me is that my loved ones are protected from harm and illness. Every single solitary thing you have said totally hits home with me.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
SOGFPP said:
Nope... I just deny that we are meat puppets in some kind of cosmic play.... total knowledge, to me, does not imply that God is powerless to effect change based upon our free will/love or lack thereof. Just because God may already know what we are going to do does not rule out (at least in my theology) a relationship.
What would be the point of prayer... even a prayer for God's will.... with your views?
I totally agree. I see God's omniscience as meaning that He has a perfect knowledge of our innermost thoughts and can accurately predict how each of us will act in a given set of circumstances. I don't see Him as having mapped out in advance every single solitary event that will ever happen to us. God may not always respond to our prayers in the way we would like Him to, but I sincerely believe that He does listen to them and is willing to intervene in our lives when we ask in faith that He do so.

By the way, since I was the one who started this thread (but purposely didn't state my opinion in my opening post), I just want to say at this point that I believe that "God," answers the prayers of all who approach Him. It doesn't matter what they call Him or what they perceive Him to be. If they appeal to a "Higher Being" for help, "God" (be it mine or yours) will respond. I'm so glad to hear that the vast, vast majority of those posters here seem to feel the same way.