• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is god interested in you as an individual, or as someone who complies

Muffled

Jesus in me
The evil Biblical god, assuming it exists, seems to weigh up how it is going to get the most fun, by enjoying the suffering of humans.

I believe that is no God I know so you must have the devil for your god.

amorphous_constellation

"The very hairs of your head are all numbered" Matthew 10:30

I'm not certain of what that one means, but now having read a few more philosophers, I wonder if the verse was influenced by the Epicurean Atomists or something. It doesn't sound like an idea from other parts of the bible, it seems Greco-Roman. The rest of the bible, unless approached with mysticism, doesn't seem to want to apply that sort of atomist math to existence. But certain of the greco-roman philosophers really did want to start doing that

Another specific mention to God's view of individuals can be found in reference to the saving of humans "of all kinds" by God by Jesus sacrifice and the Bible's clear future promise of a world paradise. (1 Tim 2:4; 'all' gr def.)

That's not especially convincing, given that short while later in that the referenced Timothy passage, woman are said to need 'full submission,' and that they should remain quiet, and not have authority.