• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God implicated?

Muffled

Jesus in me
The bible says all good things come from the Father. We can take that to mean what's good about us we get from God, what's evil we inherit from Satan through original sin.
I believe God can punish us for past sins by arranging the bodies we will have and the families we are born into. I believe this was not a foreign concept for the Jews because the apostles asked about the blind man whether he sinned or his parents.

I also believe God can punish in advance for sins we haven't committed yet.

David1967

Premium Member
There's plenty of bible verses that say that God creates each one of us, so which is it

Physically?
Spiritually?

Or both.

I'm going to say both. As far as the extent of the transmitting sin nature thing? IDK

rpguy

I do not believe God is responsible for the sin we have received by inheritance from Adam. Rather, "through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because they had all sinned." (Romans 5:12) 1 Corinthians 15:21 affirms this; "death came through a man, resurrection of the dead also comes through a man." IMO, Jehovah was undeservedly kind in allowing us to be born at all.
So this verse

(Isa 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself.)

and others like it, suggest God is personally creating us in some form.

rpguy

I don't believe the sin nature comes from the body. I believe the body is amoral. I also believe that sin isn't natural.

I believe God ordains which genetic factors will combine to form a new body and I believe God ordains which spirit will enter which body.
Sounds like natural selection, with God thrown in.

rpguy

Spiritually dead. Christians were born spiritually dead; so, that is why they have temptation to sin. Once they sin/made a transgression against god, they are separated from god. The only way they can reunite with god (through jesus) is by repentance.

Sinful nature (temptation to sin) is in the flesh; spiritually dead is the nature of the spirit before the person has given their life to christ.
Question 1: Does the Christian God create our bodies, and or spirits?

Question 2: Does the Christian God create either body, and or spirit with the sin nature attached?

rpguy

I'm going to say both. As far as the extent of the transmitting sin nature thing? IDK
Thanks David.

The dilemma I could see is this:

Adam & Eve the first two people died either spiritual or physically or both, and have transmitted that death down to us. Now depending which death was incurred, God would be restricted in one of the processes of creation. Otherwise he would be implicating himself in the transmission or delivery of that sin nature.

rpguy

I believe God can punish us for past sins by arranging the bodies we will have and the families we are born into. I believe this was not a foreign concept for the Jews because the apostles asked about the blind man whether he sinned or his parents.

I also believe God can punish in advance for sins we haven't committed yet.
Invisible punishment = Invisible results.

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
Everything existing was created of God. In other words, God created all things according to Himself. -- This is the truest perspective within time. But, irrespective of time, God is God; all-powerful, all-knowing, and static, and creation exists a part of God, an "eternity" in each "direction."

Ignorance is the foundation of sin. God is the only One who is "good," being without ignorance or inability.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Question 1: Does the Christian God create our bodies, and or spirits?

Yes, the body was made of dirt and the spirits was from god's breathe.

Question 2: Does the Christian God create either body, and or spirit with the sin nature attached?

He didn't create sinful nature. The story is Eve sinned, it brought knowledge of good and evil into the world (temptation to go against god), and it led from on generation to the next people trying to realign themselves with god but falling into temptation at the same time.

Not all christian denominations believe in inherited sin. If our sin was inherited, and jesus is supposed to be our sins on the cross, that would mean he would need to be a sinner too.

David1967

Premium Member
Thanks David.

The dilemma I could see is this:

Adam & Eve the first two people died either spiritual or physically or both, and have transmitted that death down to us. Now depending which death was incurred, God would be restricted in one of the processes of creation. Otherwise he would be implicating himself in the transmission or delivery of that sin nature.

I admit. I don't understand.

rusra02

Premium Member
So this verse

(Isa 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself.)

and others like it, suggest God is personally creating us in some form.
I do not believe this verse suggests God creates us each individually. The context shows God was speaking of the nation of Israel, not a person. "Now listen, O Jacob my servant, And you, O Israel, whom I have chosen. This is what Jehovah says,Your Maker and the One who formed you, Who has helped you from the womb: ‘Do not be afraid, my servant Jacob'. (Isaiah 44:1,2)