• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God evil because He causes death?

Ashley-Yin

Im a happy little Lesbian
As Muslims we love death because it is the gate for meeting God and entering His paradise which He made for His slaves

i guess this is the turning point where i actually say tell me more about Islam but i might as well go to the Islamic threads.

i always knew id hear someone say they had the desire to and enjoyed being under the influence of others. of course im completely against that way of life.

yousaf

as a muslim we believe in something called taqdeer(fate). all good and bad comes from god.( meaning death comes from god etc) death is something that happens, and floods i believe woulldn't happen i believe in people in that community were pleasing god. and in the quraan in ch.67 v.2 god says= it is he who has created life and death to test which of you is good in deeds. so this life is nothing but a test

yousaf

Wow, that's really disgusting. Would it be helpful if someone killed you sooner, rather than later?

first of all your entitled to your own opinion but i believe ther is nothing wrong with loving death eg. some people love pork, we muslims call it disgusting, dirty etc. but that's our opinion and the other is yours

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
as a muslim we believe in something called taqdeer(fate). all good and bad comes from god.( meaning death comes from god etc) death is something that happens, and floods i believe woulldn't happen i believe in people in that community were pleasing god. and in the quraan in ch.67 v.2 god says= it is he who has created life and death to test which of you is good in deeds. so this life is nothing but a test
Have you evaluated this hypothesis scientifically? re Muslim areas less prone to floods than non-Muslim?

btw, did you know that this is a very primitive, magical view of the world? It's a good thing everyone doesn't follow it, and we have some scientists who try to learn about what's really going on.

Atmanlives

GOD is all that is,So Therefore actually, Evil is a part of God!

Evil is simply a lack of God.Free will comes from your stream of

consciousness.We all have a body ,a soul,and a mind.The mind is what makes you

you,and me me.

Your mind is directly responsible for controlling the body and the soul.

When all three work together in support of each other ,You will turn twords

eternal happiness,The path is narrow,although it is not difficult,It is indeed

narrow.

All roads may lead to Rome,There is only one way to heaven.

the True answer is inside yourself...!

-Atman-

idea

Question Everything
There's so many arguments against God because He cause people to be killed in the Flood, or because I commanded nations to be destroyed. Or they argue God is evil because He allows innocent children to die or people to die 'before there time.' So I'm going to take this argument to is logical conclusion.

Is God evil because He allows TRILLIONS of people to die from old age? Surely and all knowing, all loving God, would not allow trillions of people to die from problems with their bodies.

I could never believe in such a God that would allow death to come to EVERY elderly person in the worlds history. Such a God could NOT be a loving God!

:sarcastic

There is no life without death... opposition in all things - if you want life, you have to have death too. They cannot be separated from one another. One does not exist without the other.

God did not create everything - who said that He did? Read the King Follett Sermon - link - immortal intelligences. Also read Biblical support for a God that did not create everything link post #2.

you are familiar with this passage are you not?
11 For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things. If not so, my first-born in the wilderness, righteousness could not be brought to pass, neither wickedness, neither holiness nor misery, neither good nor bad. Wherefore, all things must needs be a compound in one; wherefore, if it should be one body it must needs remain as dead, having no life neither death, nor corruption nor incorruption, happiness nor misery, neither sense nor insensibility.
12 Wherefore, it must needs have been created for a thing of naught; wherefore there would have been no purpose in the end of its creation. Wherefore, this thing must needs destroy the wisdom of God and his eternal purposes, and also the power, and the mercy, and the bjustice of God.
13 And if ye shall say there is no law, ye shall also say there is no sin. If ye shall say there is no sin, ye shall also say there is no righteousness. And if there be no righteousness there be no happiness. And if there be no righteousness nor happiness there be no punishment nor misery. And if these things are not bthere is no God. And if there is no God we are not, neither the earth; for there could have been no creation of things, neither to act nor to be acted upon; wherefore, all things must have vanished away.
14 And now, my sons, I speak unto you these things for your profit and learning; for there is a God, and he hath created all things, both the heavens and the earth, and all things that in them are, both things to act and things to be acted upon.
15 And to bring about his eternal purposes in the end of man, after he had created our first parents, and the beasts of the field and the cfowls of the air, and in fine, all things which are created, it must needs be that there was an opposition; even the forbidden efruit in fopposition to the gtree of life; the one being sweet and the other bitter.
16 Wherefore, the Lord God gave unto man that he should aact for himself. Wherefore, man could not act for himself save it should be that he was centiced by the one or the other.

lockyfan

God is love

God hates to see suffering

God hates to see death

God wanted us to live a life of perfection and never die, but the father of the lie got in the way

now a plan has been orchastrated to put the earth on the right track and people along with it

Unfortnately it is not a popular plan because it allows the suffering to continue, but it will not continue forever.

All those who die get to live again the sick become healthy, the old become young. the blind see, the mute speak, the deaf hear.

All things that are wrong with this world will disappear.

that is the promise that God has told us. That his kingdom of happiness and righteousness will live forever and never disappear.