• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is existence possible without God?

Francine

Do you really think that some omnipresent divine creator of the universe actually gives too hoots about what some of the religions on this particular planet get up to 'in his name'?

God doesn't even have a name. He told Moses to call him "I AM" but that's what God does, he exists. And there is said to be only one name by which men are saved, but they can't decide if it is Jesus, or Yeshua, or Yehoshua, or Isa, or Joshua, or Heysoos.

kai

ragamuffin
God doesn't even have a name. He told Moses to call him "I AM" but that's what God does, he exists. And there is said to be only one name by which men are saved, but they can't decide if it is Jesus, or Yeshua, or Yehoshua, or Isa, or Joshua, or Heysoos.
i dont suppose you would have a name if your the only one !

Why bother?

Those poor children!

You point being what?

"that's what god does, he exists"

That's that one sorted then, decide that all by yourself did you.

Regardless of people call their particular dieity, the invariably end up using it as an excuse to pretty nasty to each other

And in reponse to kai saying "dont rule it out", - I dont, because I have no reason to care either way, however I am concerned about the cruel, nasty, abhorrent, power crazed actions of a large proportion of our species who have "ruled it in"

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Guitar's Cry said:
(Psst...Darkness! That's not Mr. T! That's a new member that happens to be using the same avatar. :))

Oh, Sorry iLL_LeaT :sorry1:

I sure hope you are Guitar's Cry and not just somebody with the same avatar. ;)

kai

ragamuffin
is this an insult or an appluase, i have no idea ! you will have to try and be a little less enigmatic if you wish to debate something with me , if its applause then , thank you very much

crystalonyx

I think it is a little lax to start threats about "god" w/o defining who or what your god is. There are many, many god concepts out there.

Smoke

Done here.

Let me clarify what I mean by “existence.” I don't mean the existence of humans. I mean the system that we live in, AKA the universe.

Lets say, for a second, that the Big Bang is 100% correct. How did the atom get into space and time? And how did space and time come into existence so that the atom would have somewhere to be?

Has space and time and that atom always just been???????

I'm not so sure of any of these questions. What do you think?

Here are my thoughts (As of right this second). If the universe has always just been, then there may not be a God. However, It does not make since for this atom to be static for an infinite amount of time then just randomly explode.

If the universe came into existence at some point in time (if there was a beginning), then there must be a God. I mean nothing can only make nothing.
The big bang doesn't imply that an atom sat static for an infinite amount of time and them randomly exploded. If I understand it correctly, it doesn't make much sense to talk about space or time existing "before" the big bang, and whatever may have preceded the big bang in terms of causation is unknown and possibly unknowable.

I can believe that god, if it exists, is also unknown and probably unknowable, but I can't believe that whatever known and unknowable thing that may have preceded the big bang is the author of any of our human religions.

Godfather89

I am Who I am
LoL in my opinion... Existence and God is used inter-changeably. When I say God I think of all the things God Represents one of them is Life Giving Force. Without this Life Giving Force nothing would exist its dead. When I say existence I mean it has life its living so its part of the Life Force or God. So its going to Go full circle. A system complete unto itself.

Aleister11771

i totally understand your confusion, the best way i can try to explain this for you is that it is not really worth stressing your mind about it, unless given no alternative in how to occupt your time, but if you must, think of it the opposite way, meaning that, if the big bang and the atom having always existed is ludacris, then isnt the notion that god has just always existed equally disprovable? Once again leading to my original point, that its not worth thinking about, and Science Vs Religion is a wasted argument, we should, instead, focus on the issue of Faith Vs Religion, and try to make some progress on the matter.

logician

This thread is really just the same "did a god create the Universe" question.

Same answer from me - no.

JamBar85

Master Designer

Let me clarify what I mean by “existence.” I don't mean the existence of humans. I mean the system that we live in, AKA the universe.

Lets say, for a second, that the Big Bang is 100% correct. How did the atom get into space and time? And how did space and time come into existence so that the atom would have somewhere to be?

Has space and time and that atom always just been???????

I'm not so sure of any of these questions. What do you think?

Here are my thoughts (As of right this second). If the universe has always just been, then there may not be a God. However, It does not make since for this atom to be static for an infinite amount of time then just randomly explode.

If the universe came into existence at some point in time (if there was a beginning), then there must be a God. I mean nothing can only make nothing.

I think this answer just depends on your own personal opinion.

If you believe in a God, then he/she/it did it and if not then you tend to go down the science route and think that the answers just havn't been found.

That's just my opinion.

crystalonyx

I think this answer just depends on your own personal opinion.

If you believe in a God, then he/she/it did it and if not then you tend to go down the science route and think that the answers just havn't been found.

That's just my opinion.

he/she/it did it did what?

Many answers have been found in science, what do you think is missing?