• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Cryptocurrency Killing People?

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Bill Gates seems to think so, others scoff.
Bill Gates: Microsoft Founder 'Naive' to Say Cryptocurrency 'Kills People'

Cryptocurrencies are killing people – Bill Gates — RT US News

Bill Gates: Cryptocurrency Is "Super Risky" and Is Killing People

Although by and large the vast majority of people seem to be using cryptocurrency for completely legitimate purposes there are some who will use it for illegal and unhealthy purposes directly or indirectly causing death and destruction in their own or other peoples lives, should it be banned or heavily regulated? Should those with certain mental illnesses be banned from using cryptocurrency?

Your thoughts?

M83

Too busy staring at my shoes
I've been around the crypto market for awhile now and haven't heard much in cryptocurrency killing people. However it is killing my wallet trying upgrade PC parts due to it. :mad:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Because they can't be traced, people are purportedly buying drugs off the "dark web", which sounds like a rather weak argument for "causing death". It sounds like his real issue is with the fact that it's decentralized and anonymous, and the "causing death" thing was just scraped together as a half-baked criticism of that.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Because they can't be traced, people are purportedly buying drugs off the "dark web", which sounds like a rather weak argument for "causing death". It sounds like his real issue is with the fact that it's decentralized and anonymous, and the "causing death" thing was just scraped together as a half-baked criticism of that.
They might as well claim that privacy causes death.

suncowiam

Bill Gates seems to think so, others scoff.
Bill Gates: Microsoft Founder 'Naive' to Say Cryptocurrency 'Kills People'

Cryptocurrencies are killing people – Bill Gates — RT US News

Bill Gates: Cryptocurrency Is "Super Risky" and Is Killing People

Although by and large the vast majority of people seem to be using cryptocurrency for completely legitimate purposes there are some who will use it for illegal and unhealthy purposes directly or indirectly causing death and destruction in their own or other peoples lives, should it be banned or heavily regulated? Should those with certain mental illnesses be banned from using cryptocurrency?

Your thoughts?

Bill Gates also advocated that we do away with real currency because its easy to launder.

I would have imagined that he be a fan with CryptoCurrency. It's still in its early phase and requires more policies to be effectively control and track.

It's not that hard to track if you know how. There is a ledger for all crypto currency. If that ledger is privately owned, then it will not be traceable. If its publicly owned, then it can be traced.

We need to mandate how that ledger is controlled.

I'm not promoting or defending crypto currency. Personally, it's too volatile for me and I have other committed assets to worry about concerning volatility. I'm just stating some of the details of it:
Cryptocurrency Definitions: Ledger | Bulls on Crypto Street