• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Christ superior to other Prophets/Founders

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
This question to me has been a huge cause of strife, disunity and even war. All the great Teachers/Prophets (Buddha, Muhammad, Krishna etc) in history taught spirituality. So in my mind They are all equal with regards to this purpose.

But many Christians , clinging to one or two verses, fanatically assert Christ’s superiority and that other religions are ‘Satan inspired’ and their founders - false prophets. Do you agree with this?

Krishna and Buddha are revered by their followers and were well before the time of Christ yet no mention is made in the Bible that Krishna or Buddha are from Satan. And as the Bible is claimed to be God’s Word and God is All Knowing, no mention either that Muhammad, the Bab or Baha’u’llah are false Prophets. So where is the Bible stating all these other religions are false according to Christians.

There are verses where Christ says He is the beginning and the end but so too did Krishna say the same thousands of years before Christ appeared. So why the insistence on Jesus being superior when if anything Jesus taught love above anything else. Why is supremacy so important to so many Christians?

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
Christ isn’t just a person to them, but often a path, a Weltanschauung, even a lifestyle. I completely understand where any feelings of superiority come from- not just in Christianity, but in other systems as well- where any person or culture who deeply resonates with their gods or prophets commits themselves to a way of life and believes it is what’s best for themselves or perhaps even for others.

I am the superior voice of my own religion. Christ is the superior voice within Christianity. Muhammad is the superior prophet for Muslims. Etc.

Last edited:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
This question to me has been a huge cause of strife, disunity and even war. All the great Teachers/Prophets (Buddha, Muhammad, Krishna etc) in history taught spirituality. So in my mind They are all equal with regards to this purpose.

But many Christians , clinging to one or two verses, fanatically assert Christ’s superiority and that other religions are ‘Satan inspired’ and their founders - false prophets. Do you agree with this?

Krishna and Buddha are revered by their followers and were well before the time of Christ yet no mention is made in the Bible that Krishna or Buddha are from Satan. And as the Bible is claimed to be God’s Word and God is All Knowing, no mention either that Muhammad, the Bab or Baha’u’llah are false Prophets. So where is the Bible stating all these other religions are false according to Christians.

There are verses where Christ says He is the beginning and the end but so too did Krishna say the same thousands of years before Christ appeared. So why the insistence on Jesus being superior when if anything Jesus taught love above anything else. Why is supremacy so important to so many Christians?

From the 'normal' Christian perspective, Christ's superiority comes from the fact that he actually existed.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Christ isn’t just a person to them, but often a path, a Weltanschauung, even a lifestyle. I completely understand where any feelings of superiority come from- not just in Christianity, but in other systems as well- where any person or culture who deeply resonates with their gods or prophets commits themselves to a way of life and believes it is what’s best for themselves or perhaps even for others.

I am the superior voice of my own religion. Christ is the superior voice within Christianity. Muhammad is the superior prophet for Muslims. Etc.

That’s a fair point. But in relation to each other, feelings or beliefs of superiority are a cause of prejudice and conflict. Cannot one appreciate the beauty of the flowers in another’s garden just as one does one’s own?

Brian2

Veteran Member

Many people don't seem to think that truth is an important concept. Anything will do as long as you like it. All paths lead to the same place. Nobody has the whole truth, we all touch a different part of the elephant and describe it a different way. etc etc.
That is a man made philosophy born of confusion imo.

Brian2

Veteran Member
That’s a fair point. But in relation to each other, feelings or beliefs of superiority are a cause of prejudice and conflict. Cannot one appreciate the beauty of the flowers in another’s garden just as one does one’s own?

Christians can appreciate the beliefs of others but at the end of the day it is the differences which are important and which differentiate between truth and error.
It should not ever be superiority in the sense of me being superior to you, but the truth is always better than what is not true.

Why do you believe Krishna said so before Jesus?

I don't think it is necessary to say the others are ‘Satan inspired’. I think the others just don't have as good teachings and message.

Apostle John

“Go ahead, look up Revelation 6”
I can tell Judaism wasn’t started by Satan but the rest were, purely because there’s no evidence that controverts this. It’s not one or two verses in the Bible that indicate this but thousands. The first prophecy fulfilled by Christ in Genesis 3 is in the beginning, in the Garden of Eden 6000 years ago, therefore outdating and along with other prophesies proving wrong the false religions and false prophets. Christians have been told Satan appears in the Tribulation which isn’t quite the end but the end of this age. Christ is the truth in spirituality.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

It isn't about "supremacy" but about purpose.

If Buddhism's goal is to ultimately remove the cycle of rebirth, Jesus removes it by one born-again experience.

Audie

Veteran Member

The answer isn't obvious?

Audie

Veteran Member
I can tell Judaism wasn’t started by Satan but the rest were, purely because there’s no evidence that controverts this. It’s not one or two verses in the Bible that indicate this but thousands. The first prophecy fulfilled by Christ in Genesis 3 is in the beginning, in the Garden of Eden 6000 years ago, therefore outdating and along with other prophesies proving wrong the false religions and false prophets. Christians have been told Satan appears in the Tribulation which isn’t quite the end but the end of this age. Christ is the truth in spirituality.
If you want evidence to prove your "satan"
or anything else in Chridtianity, yiu are out of luck.

Of course for those who choose to believe
in anything, anything will do for proof.

Audie

Veteran Member
Why do you believe Krishna said so before Jesus?

I don't think it is necessary to say the others are ‘Satan inspired’. I think the others just don't have as good teachings and message.

Right. " go forth and subdue the earth"
is a terrif teaching.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

Krishna is not a prophet. Please respect the Hindu view, and stop altering it to suit your agenda. (I have very low expectations.)

Audie

Veteran Member
From the 'normal' Christian perspective, Christ's superiority comes from the fact that he actually existed.

You know the story of George Washington's hatchet at a garage sale?
The handle was replaced three tine. The head twice, otherwise all original.

There was a man who was not named Jesus
who wasn't born in a manger or on Dec 25,
or any known year.
Nobody knows when he died, nobody recorded
anything he may have said or done.
( Verbatim quotes "remembered" decades later,
fiction like nativity scene , earthquake and zombies when he died, daemons sent into pigs
etc are not exactly "records").

The supposed sayings read like the folk
wisdom of the day; a common style across
many cultures, attributing such to a great
teacher.

So yeah- the pearl of Christianity grew around the "grain of sand"! Jesus- but you
cannot see what was real in him anymore.

The obvious fiction in the OT ( like " flood")
or NT (three wise men etc) does nothing for
the credibility of any of it.

Apostle John

“Go ahead, look up Revelation 6”
There's no evidence that "Satan" even exists.
There’s evidence of God the Creator in His Word, the Bible. He said He made Satan. The existence of thousands of religions having absolutely no evidence to support them, other than in some where spirits talking to their originators is evidence of Satan influencing minds, as the Bible states.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
There’s evidence of God the Creator in His Word, the Bible. He said He made Satan. The existence of thousands of religions having absolutely no evidence to support them, other than in some where spirits talking to their originators is evidence of Satan influencing minds, as the Bible states.
Circular reasoning is a logical fallacy. The bible is no more "evidence" than are The Koran, Kitáb-i-Aqdas, Guru Granth Sahib, Vetas, Agamas, Tipitaka, etc.