• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Brahman and Nirvana the same?? Is the goal the same??

Me Myself

Back to my username
This would not be the Buddhist understanding.

Buddhist understanding transcends words.

If you are not enlightened, you cannot properly explain buddhist understanding, because you do not posses it.

It is not that it is bad to try to do so, but it is important to always remember that is what we do: try.

chinu

chinu
So what is goal if it's not brahman?? :angel2:
If god is equal to brahman for you, than yes brahman is goal for you, because.. God can be called by any name that one like, But.. according to holy scriptures Brahman is not the end goal.

Why brahman is not the end goal ?
Parvati is said to be the wife of lord Shiva,
Laxhmi is said to be the wife of lord Vishnu,
Similarly.. Savitri is said to be the wife of lord brahman,
But.. God is alone, without wife. :)

The supreme God is genderless, But Brahman is male god, Brahman is the second last God.

chinu

chinu
That is Brahma (three headed deity of puranas) and not Brahman. Here we are discussing Brahman and not Brahma. :D
Can you provide me any Gita verse where it is written that there's difference between Brahma and Brahman ? :)

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
Can you provide me any Gita verse where it is written that there's difference between Brahma and Brahman ? :)
I am follower of Vedas and not puranas, so I don't consider Krishna as God. I follow Vedas. Do you need vedic verse??

atanu

Premium Member
If god is equal to brahman for you, than yes brahman is goal for you, because.. God can be called by any name that one like, But.. according to holy scriptures Brahman is not the end goal.

Which holy scripture? Cite please.

Chinu, IMO, you have started showing your ignorance now. God has no meaning, as far as I know. Brahman has a specific meaning. And you are saying God can be given any name including a name called 'Brahman'?

The supreme God is genderless, But Brahman is male god, Brahman is the second last God.

brahmA (male) and brahman (neuter) are different concepts. Brahman is the goal and the Param, of all Vedanta and Veda schools.

brahmA is known as Prajapati and various other names in Veda.

ratikala

Istha gosthi
Buddhist understanding transcends words.

If you are not enlightened, you cannot properly explain buddhist understanding, because you do not posses it.

It is not that it is bad to try to do so, but it is important to always remember that is what we do: try.

jai jai :bow:

chinu

chinu
brahmA (male) and brahman (neuter) are different concepts. Brahman is the goal and the Param, of all Vedanta and Veda schools.

brahmA is known as Prajapati and various other names in Veda.
OK just a question, if this is so.. than how many people are aware of this truth ?

Me Myself

Back to my username
OK just a question, if this is so.. than how many people are aware of this truth ?

I would assume most pople who did a mild google search on hinduism or either brahma or brahaman? :eek:

And I wouldnt say brahman is genderless, I would say s/he is genderfull :D

Originally Posted by chinu

The Vaishnava schools of opinion. Indirectly the entire population and religous culture of India just as it is obviously the case in the Mahabharata. Afterall the Mahabharata is considered the pre-history of India. In India the actual name for the country of India is BHARATA. It saya Bharata on all government doctuments including Indian postage Stamps. IMO Even more indirectly the entire world of agnostics.

Last edited: