• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is anti-theism (satanism) better than atheism?

questfortruth

I am producing more anti-theists than Christians from atheists.
But it is a considerable improvement to make an anti-theist from an atheist. The anti-theist is defined as one who knows all about God but fights Him. So, he is on satan's side: "enemy of my enemy is my friend." Anti-theist. A Christian is theist. Hence Anti-theist is the same as Anti-Christian, shortly: Antichrist. You suggesting that Biblical Antichrist is not aware of God's existence?

Atheists are lukewarm, aren't they? Then God does not like lukewarm people:
"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other!"
Revelation 3:15.

Let me do it again. According to Scientific American,
the Big Bang is absent:
JWST’s First Glimpses of Early Galaxies Could Break Cosmology
And according to Creationism by Kent Hovind, the Big Bang is absent. I see a clear connection.

Last edited:

PureX

Veteran Member
Anti-theism is not satanism. In fact, most of the people calling themselves atheists are anti-theists. Satanist are theists. Just of a different kind of 'god'.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Really???

SlipperyAcclaimedKob-size_restricted.gif

Don't trust anything Kent Hovind until you veriycy his degrees in astrophysics and cosmology are valid

Altfish

Veteran Member
The anti-theist is defined as one who knows all about God but fights Him. So, he is on satan's side: "enemy of my enemy is my friend."
Is that a Ken Ham definition?
Here is a better one ....is the belief that theism and religion are harmful to society and people, and that even if theistic beliefs were true, they would be undesirable. Antitheism, which is often characterized as outspoken opposition to theism and religion, asserts that religious and especially theistic beliefs are harmful and should be discarded in favour of humanism, rationalism, science and other alternatives.

questfortruth

Here is a better one ....is the belief that theism and religion are harmful to society and people, and that even if theistic beliefs were true, they would be undesirable.
It is "militant atheism", not anti-theism. You suggesting that Biblical Antichrist is not aware of God's existence?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Anti-theism is not satanism. In fact, most of the people calling themselves atheists are anti-theists. Satanist are theists. Just of a different kind of 'god'.
Satanism is not monolithic. It is incredibly diverse.
There really are Satanists who vow to destroy churches and to perform rituals that aim to harm Christians.
Either directly or indirectly.
The desecrations of churches attributed to them are numerous throughout history...so yes, they are anti-theists.

questfortruth

I do not believe in the antichrist, whether biblical or not and god doesn't exist.

So your question is meaningless to me
Anti-theist. A Christian is theist. Hence Anti-theist is the same as Anti-Christian, shortly: Antichrist. You suggesting that Biblical Antichrist is not aware of God's existence?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I know so many altruistic, good, kind, atheists.:heartpulse:
So no, better atheists one hundred thousand times, than anti-Christians or anti-theists in general.

Last edited:

questfortruth

I know so many altruistic, good, kind atheists.
So no, better atheists one hundred thousand times, than anti-Christians or ant-theists in general.
Atheists are lukewarm, aren't they? Then God does not like lukewarm people: "I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other!"

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Atheists are lukewarm, aren't they? Then God does not like lukewarm people: "I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other!"
I guess that that passage was addressed to lukewarm Christians.
The cold were the non-Christians in general, like pagans or also atheists.

PureX

Veteran Member
Satanism is not monolithic. It is incredibly diverse.
There really are Satanists who vow to destroy churches and to perform rituals that aim to harm Christians.
Either directly or indirectly.
The desecrations of churches attributed to them are numerous throughout history...so yes, they are anti-theists.
Mostly, they are just attacking the "other guy's gods". They aren't anti-theist, as they have their own deity to worship. They are just anti- everyone else's deities. Nor are they anti-religious, as they are religious, themselves. They are just anti- everyone else's religion.

We're not talking the brightest bulbs in the box, here, after all.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Anti-theist. A Christian is theist. Hence Anti-theist is the same as Anti-Christian, shortly: Antichrist. You suggesting that Biblical Antichrist is not aware of God's existence?
Hang on ... Antichrist is not short for Antichristian.
Anti-Christian is a stance, ie I am against Christianity.
Antichrist is a noun, a person or thing - the opposite of Christ.

AlexanderG

It is "militant atheism", not anti-theism. You suggesting that Biblical Antichrist is not aware of God's existence?

This is another sad trope of Christian fearmongers. Compare what "militant atheist" evokes in your mind, and then contrast that image with a "militant Islamist." How much overlap is there?

People like to refer to atheists who vocalize their disagreement with Christians as "militant." But we're not the ones hoarding guns, or performing drills in Idaho with our private militias, or bombing health clinics, assassinating political activists, or storming capitol buildings with guns and clubs.

I know many Christians are trained to believe that someone's disagreement is the same as them violently persecuting you. But it's just not the case. Tone it down, please.

F1fan

Veteran Member
The anti-theist is defined as one who knows all about God but fights Him.
Then there are no anti-theists. There are no gods known to exist. There are many thousands of god concepts that people can learn about, but no rational mind would treat these concepts as real entities.

Atheists can't fight against imaginary characters, BTW. Atheists and true anti-theists can oppose theists of varying stripes. The opposion is tyically religious extremists. Religious extremists are those believers who make false claims that they think apply to all others, do not accept science and facts, and hold immoral and aggresstive attitudes as authorized by their beliefs.

So, he is on satan's side: "enemy of my enemy is my friend."
Since Satan is a religious concept only theists will believe it exists. Atheists don't believe a Satan exists any more than they believe any gods exist.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Hang on ... Antichrist is not short for Antichristian.
Anti-Christian is a stance, ie I am against Christianity.
Antichrist is a noun, a person or thing - the opposite of Christ.

What do you mean by "I am against Christianity"?

I am not a Pagan, but I am not against Paganism...I am happy people can practice Paganism.