• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Allah punishing the people in Yemen?

Remté

It says in the Quran in 6:151

"Kill not your children on a plea of want - We will provide sustenance for you and for them"
But the children as well as the adults are starving to death. What does this mean?

InvestigateTruth

"Kill not your children on a plea of want - We will provide sustenance for you and for them"
But the children as well as the adults are starving to death. What does this mean?
It is not because Allah is not providing. Others are killing them indirectly by taking away their sustenance (through unjust economic system in the world) who Allah has provided for them.

Remté

It is not because Allah is not providing. Others are killing them indirectly by taking away their sustenance (through unjust economic system in the world) who Allah has provided for them.
Hmmm.. according to some nothing bad happens to you unless because of what you have done (I don't believe in this mind you)

Yet I don't know. Does that mean the Ayat only means that Allah has provided it for the world in general? That would make sense I guess.

InvestigateTruth

Hmmm.. according to some nothing bad happens to you unless because of what you have done (I don't believe in this mind you)

Yet I don't know. Does that mean the Ayat only means that Allah has provided it for the world in general? That would make sense I guess.
Yes, but also some of the verses of Quran have a spiritual interpretion as well. The sustenance that Allah provides for All, is also for their spiritual needs, coming down in the form of revelations to His Messengers, and then conveyed to humanity. Allah, wants human beings to be spiritually upright, so why killing children when Allah created them and provides for them. That's how I understand the verse.

Remté

Yes, but also some of the verses of Quran have a spiritual interpretion as well. The sustenance that Allah provides for All, is also for their spiritual needs, coming down in the form of revelations to His Messengers, and then conveyed to humanity. Allah, wants human beings to be spiritually upright, so why killing children when Allah created them and provides for them. That's how I understand the verse.
Oh right. I actually kind of forgot that it said kill not your children, I was so focused on the other part. That makes sense.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

It means that the people of Yemen are the victim of the sins of others, not the wrath of God. And it starts with the sins of those governing Yemen, whose responsibility is the general welfare of the people of Yemen.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

It means they lack food. The reasons for that can be blamed on a spiritual being, I suppose, but I tend to thing looking closer to home would be more accurate.

Remté

It means they lack food. The reasons for that can be blamed on a spiritual being, I suppose, but I tend to thing looking closer to home would be more accurate.
Yes, but I believe a lot of people in Yemen are transgressing from the point of view of religion as well. That is what led me wondering. Also coincidentally I have been trying to find out why some Muslims believe that each earns the bad that happens to them. I don't think it's true but I want to know why they think so.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Also coincidentally I have been trying to find out why some Muslims believe that each earns the bad that happens to them. I don't think it's true but I want to know why they think so.

Okay. Some Christians seem to have that viewpoint as well, although it sometimes seems a little inconsistently held.