• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Ahmadiyya right ?

Salam Alaykoum wa Rahmatullah !

i am an ex shia muslim and i started searching all the religions and i was drawn to Ahmadiyya Jamaat .. I feel like they have a very good interpretation. I am wondering are they right about Mirza Ghulam Ahmad ? and is it true that Ahmadiyyas believe that there will other Prophets in 7000 years ?? and why is it almost only Pakistanis in the Ahmadiyya community (not that i am against it just curious)

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
The Sunni Scholars consider Mirza Ghulam Ahmad and his followers to be non-Muslims and outside the fold of Islam.

Mirza Ghulam Ahmad claimed to be Imam Mahdi. The Prophet, salallahu alayhi wa salam, has foretold that there will be many false claims to this title. Moreover, Imam Mahdi comes from the line of the Prophet and will appear in Hijaz and will be an Arab. Mirza Ghulam was not an Arab.

And he also taught that Isa bin Maryam, alayhis salam, was killed and is dead, while Allah in the Qur'an says that he was raised up and didn't die. Many hadith explain this in greater detail.

Last edited:

uncung

i am an ex shia muslim and i started searching all the religions and i was drawn to Ahmadiyya Jamaat .. I feel like they have a very good interpretation. I am wondering are they right about Mirza Ghulam Ahmad ? and is it true that Ahmadiyyas believe that there will other Prophets in 7000 years ?? and why is it almost only Pakistanis in the Ahmadiyya community (not that i am against it just curious)
Ahmadi are not muslims to begin with. why don't you take a look islam with quran and sunnah basis instead?

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.

Wa alaikum us salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatohu.
Peace be on you.
1=Do you think, such discussion should be done here?

2=Please search RF much has been said about it.

3=IMHO, it is not useful [not avoiding] to ask people about such matters. Please make you own opinion after readings and prayers.

4=Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (on whom be peace) claimed he was the same Promised Messiah and Mahdi which was prophesied by Allah the Exalted and Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) and Jama'at Ahmadiyya is progressing worldwide and serving Islam as the early Islam progressed.

Many signs of latter days' decline were prophesied. Remedy was told too. Much was mixed in middle era. But it is easy to find true signs, the true signs were mutually interconnected; signs about era, morals, inventions, anti-truth forces, earthy and heavenly signs, state of places of worship and religious leaders, etc. They could not have been faked.

Thus whom should you ask? Allah The Knower of All Truths or the people? You can pray to Allah with sincere heart about the matter, He will directly guide you. [Aameen]... My own dear maternal grandfather was not Ahmadiyya Muslim in his early age but once he heard about it in college while he was student. Peers said let come and talk against them. He replied the claim is very tall, he would asked Allah the Exalted. He prayed for forty days in Quran's words:

001-006.png

[1:6] Guide us in the right path —

Almighty Allah the Exalted guided him in clear terms.

He converted, and received 82 Fatwas of Kufr [verdicts of disbelief] from clerics of area. He remained steadfast and continued to convey message peacefully till his last breath.

5=Most adherents of any religion or revival movement are from the area where any religion or revival movement begins. Latter people begins to gather from worldwide. If you go to Africa, Indonesia or Malasia you will find most Ahmadis are local. You could ask why most early Muslims were Arabs in the time of Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be on him)?...Obviously same reason.
In 1974 and in latter times many Pakistani Ahmadis migrated to West as they were persecuted
wwwDOTpersecutionofahmadisDOTorg
That is why you feel what you mentioned. Otherwise it is worldwide phenomenon destined to cover the world by the grace of Allah and prayers (already done) by the Holy Prophet of Islam (sa).

When sun comes out, all discussions and metaphoric news are resolved.

Perhaps you know why Hazrat Esa (a.s.) was not accepted by people and why our Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) was denied in early times? Because people thought literal meaning of certain prophecies. But as time passed, divine support showed where the truth was.......That is the way it is, in true spiritual movements and their wider and wider process of acceptance.

6=Ahmadis believe:
----Holy Prophet Muhammad (sa) is the Leader of all Prophets and humanity,
----Last-Prophet-with-last-Shariah,
----No more Book after Quran, but Allah still talks whom He like to.
----Quran and Holy Prophet Muhammad (sa) told about coming of subservient-Prophet-to-him,
----Ahmadis brought no new religion.

Many Muslims are waiting for Hazrat Esa (a.s.) and Imam Mahdi as two different persons to come in latter days to serve Islam.....VS..... Ahmadiyya-Muslims believe such a person is in fact one person (he is also being waited in almost all major religions with various names), and has come and now his Khilafat is serving. Current Khalifah addresed all power centres of world:
https://www.alislam.org/library/books/World-Crisis-and-Pathway-to-Peace.pdf
Please read and think about it.

-----7000 thing .....Perhaps you are asking about this:

• That the history of religion is cyclic and is renewed every seven millennia. The present cycle from the time of the Biblical Adam is split into seven epochs or ages, parallel to the seven days of the week, with periods for light and darkness. Mirza Ghulam Ahmad appeared as the promised Messiah at the sixth epoch heralding the seventh and final age of mankind,[66] as a day in the estimation of God is like a thousand years of man's reckoning.[Quran 22:47] According to Ghulam Ahmad, just as the sixth day of the week is reserved for Jumu'ah(congregational prayers), likewise his age is destined for a global assembling of mankind in which the world is to unite under one universal religion: Islam.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmadiyya

When Ahmadis read books of Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (a.s.) their practical-love for Allah the Exalted, Holy Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) and His Beloveds, and all humanity finds celestial heights, and they learn new points in the commentary of Holy Quran and right meanings of Ahadith. They find best ways to apply that knowledge in contemporary world at international level through the Ahmadiyya Khilafat. All that make them a concrete wall by the grace of Allah. Internal Jama'at system helps them to locate and eradicate their weaknesses as well.

Quran [20:48] "......... peace shall be on him who follows the guidance."

You are welcome to Ahmadiyya DIR here in Islam Dir.

The official Ahmadiyya Muslims' sites are alislam.org and mta.tv
[ Canada specific site is ahmadiyya.ca ]

Best wishes to all.

Last edited:

Pastek

Sunni muslim
Wa alikum assalam

The Prophet Muhammad (saw) said there will be no more prophet after.
But they say he said "Rassool" (messanger) not "nabi" (prophet )...

As already said the Mahdi is arab, and Mirza Ghulam Ahmad is not.
But also he claims to be the Messiah, but in Islam we believe only in one Messiah who is Jesus.

Also : "Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, by contrast, asserted that Jesus had in fact survived crucifixion and died of old age much later in Kashmir, where he had migrated."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirza_Ghulam_Ahmad

No muslim believe that Jesus came back and died in Kashmir.
The Prophet Muhammad talked a lot about what Jesus - and the Prophet clearly said his name JESUS son of Mary- in many hadiths will do in his return.

So the Mahdi (like said above have to be an arab as announced by the Prophet) and Jesus are supposed to be Mirza Gulam Ahmad, but how was the problems of the world solved ? We can see it's not the case.

All this contradict what said Muhammad (saw).

I appreciate a lot our brother DawutTalut and the Ahmaddyya community though and they have a good approch of the Quran.

Last edited:

mojtaba

Salam dear brother.

Mirza Gholam is not Promised Mahdi(peace be upon him). Because,

1.According to many Shi'i and Sunni Sahih traditions, Imam Mahdi is from the descendants of Lady Fatima(Salamullahi Alayha), the daughter of Prophet Muhammad(Sallahu Alayhi wa 'Aalihi wa Sallam) and he is an Arab.

2.Also, according to the many Shi'i Sahih traditions, Imam Mahdi(Alayhi sSalam) is the son of Imam Hasan Al-Askari(Alayhi sSalam). This issue has accepted by some Sunni eminent scholars too.

3.According to Sahih traditions in both Shia and Sunni Hadith books, Imam Mahdi is only an Imam, not Messenger or Prophet.

4.According to many traditions, there will be some certain signs before the appearance of Imam Mahdi. The Holy Voice from the sky which says the name of Imam Mahdi with the name of his father, is between those signs. According to the traditions, the Voice will be heard by everyone of his/her own language.

5.According to many both Shi'i and Sunni traditions, Imam Mahdi will have 313 ministers and helpers who will give pledge to him in Mecca, between Rokn and Magham.

6.According to the narrated traditions, Prophet Jesus(peace be upon him) will apear after the reappearance of Imam Mahdi(peace be upon him). Also it is meantioned in Hadiths that in the Congregational Salah, Imam Mahdi will be the Imam(leader) of Salat Al-Jama'ah, and Prophet Jesus(peace be upon him) will say the prayer before him(peace be upon him).

etc.

Mirza Gholam and his claim do not have any of these characters. So his claim about Mahdawiyyah and being Promised Mahdi was not true.

Waffaqakallah.

Last edited:

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Follow Allah(God)and His prophet Muhammad(pbuh) instructions is the direct/short right way :)

I don't believe in sects in Islam.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
http://quran.com/3/103

And hold firmly to the rope of Allah all together and do not become divided. And remember the favor of Allah upon you - when you were enemies and He brought your hearts together and you became, by His favor, brothers. And you were on the edge of a pit of the Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus does Allah make clear to you His verses that you may be guided.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Anas bin Malik said:
“I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) say: ‘My nation will not unite on misguidance, so if you see them differing, follow the great majority.’”