• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iran. The next Iraq?

Heyo

Veteran Member
Biden: Force an option to stop Iran nuclear arms

Seems it's the issue of WMDs all over again.

Repeat of the Bush years? Just that it's the other side of the isles turn now.

Thoughts?
The US is internally split near to a civil war. In times like these it is always an option to look for things people can unite behind. In the US that has always been attacking foreign countries, preferably half a globe away.

esmith

Veteran Member
The US is internally split near to a civil war. In times like these it is always an option to look for things people can unite behind. In the US that has always been attacking foreign countries, preferably half a globe away.
Oh so you think Biden want's to start a war to bring the country back together again.
Good reason uh?????

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Well maybe Biden has finally seen the light....Trump was right about Iran
Trump cancelled the deal that had been worked out so Iran sped up it's nuclear program to a serious extent and no one is going to attack a nuclear Iran. Or do you think we'll attack?

esmith

Veteran Member
Trump cancelled the deal that had been worked out so Iran sped up it's nuclear program to a serious extent and no one is going to attack a nuclear Iran. Or do you think we'll attack?
No, I don't think we will, but I wouldn't say one way or another about Israel.
I suspect the White House is going to "claifify" Biden's comments any day now.
Oh, by the way Iran would not let inspectors into military sites. So why would anyone trust Iran to follow any "deal"?
Iran says military sites are off-limits for nuclear inspections despite U.S. pressure

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Oh, by the way Iran would not let inspectors into military sites. So why would anyone trust Iran to follow any "deal"?
Iran says military sites are off-limits for nuclear inspections despite U.S. pressure
I assumed they were cheating but believed the deal was slowing them down quite a bit because they had to put time and energy into hiding the evidence.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I assumed they were cheating but believed the deal was slowing them down quite a bit because they had to put time and energy into hiding the evidence.
Yeah, it's pretty bad that throwing them some hurdles to slow them down, and just because they're going to get nuclear weapons anyways they want to tear down the obstacles slowing them down.
How does this make any sense?

F1fan

Veteran Member
Just another one of Trump's messes that Biden has to fix. And like usual Trump was so inept that the solution is going to be ugly, and conservatives will blame Biden. Trump poked a lot of bears that are waking up and are pissed off. At least Trump is out and a competent administration is doing what it can to resolve the Trump messes.

esmith

Veteran Member
Just another one of Trump's messes that Biden has to fix. And like usual Trump was so inept that the solution is going to be ugly, and conservatives will blame Biden. Trump poked a lot of bears that are waking up and are pissed off. At least Trump is out and a competent administration is doing what it can to resolve the Trump messes.
Competent? Must be some strong stuff you are inhaling.
Biden has screwed the pooch on everything he has done.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Biden: Force an option to stop Iran nuclear arms

Seems it's the issue of WMDs all over again.

Repeat of the Bush years? Just that it's the other side of the isles turn now.

Thoughts?
Most probably a repeat of the Bush years.

The problem is Iran having nukes would be a serious threat to Israel. On the other hand we demonstrably do not get reliable information from our intelligence agencies.

If Biden didn't have to pander to evangelical voters he could at least make a serious push for peace between Israel and Palestine, which might alleviate tension with Iran to a degree.

But given evangelical influence i think it more likely the west will be dragged into another invasion it can't win.

Oh well, why should we care about the lives of our soldiers ay?! :(

In my opinion.

amorphous_constellation

It doesn't seem like it would be a repeat exactly. 20 years ago, the other nuclear powers, or Russia at least, seemed sympathetic to our cause. This time, I tend to doubt it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Well maybe Biden has finally seen the light....Trump was right about Iran
Love or hate a president, they know much more than this entire forum put together on what's actually going on behind the scenes because of their security clearances.

At least Biden seems to be privy same as Trump was.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Love or hate a president, they know much more than this entire forum put together on what's actually going on behind the scenes because of their security clearances.

Trump didn't read security bulletins. Maybe that's why he didn't start a new war?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We've already attacked: Stuxnet - Wikipedia

The US has been attacking and strongarming other countries, for political and, increasingly, corporate interests, for nearly 200 years. Our involvement with Iran, in particular, goes back to the CIA engineered coup back in '53: 1953 Iranian coup d'état - Wikipedia

You make a good point, though. Nothing has been shown so effective at keeping US corporate muscle and military intervention at bay than nuclear arms.

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Trump wasn't interested in his daily briefings and CIA reports. They had to summarize the reports in short, Cliffs Notes style briefs, and add Trump's name multiple times to get him to look at them.

At least Biden can find Ukraine and Iran on a map.