• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iran.....Islam is not the problem.It's the hardliners

JIMMY12345

First define the problem. Iran is Islamic. Many Iranians support Theocracy. Alternatives like the military may be worse. Balance might be the best answer. Don’t overthrow the Islamic state. It’s a battle Iranians are unlikely to win. They have the powerful Revolutionary guard plus Morality police and others to contend with.

The question is really how to achieve a moderate modern “free” Islamic state.

Instead of being thrown in prison on droves or shot in the streets. Iranians should be sneaky in their approach.

For example, Select a couple of the hardest line clerics. On the internet moan that they are not religious enough. Follow the well beaten path of a "successful" American and Russian President. Follow a relentless propaganda campaign to the effect their Islamic credentials are suspect and not pure. Replacement is in order.

For good measure. Fake news. Report the morality police. That morality officer was not wearing her hijab. Those officers were heard saying bad things about the Islamic regime. Report them secretly. The key idea is to frighten the morality police into abandoning a dangerous job.

Then select moderate Islamic clerics. Praise them to the skies as being hardline. Get them in.

What do you think the Iranians should do?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
First define the problem. Iran is Islamic. Many Iranians support Theocracy. Alternatives like the military may be worse. Balance might be the best answer. Don’t overthrow the Islamic state. It’s a battle Iranians are unlikely to win. They have the powerful Revolutionary guard plus Morality police and others to contend with.

Instead of being thrown in prison on droves or shot in the streets. Iranians should be sneaky in their approach.

For example, Select a couple of the hardest line clerics. On the internet moan that they are not religious enough. Follow the well beaten path of a "successful" American and Russian President. Follow a relentless propaganda campaign to the effect their Islamic credentials are suspect and not pure. Replacement is in order.

For good measure. Fake news. Report the morality police. That morality officer was not wearing her hijab. Those officers were heard saying bad things about the Islamic regime. Report them secretly. The key idea is to frighten the morality police into abandoning a dangerous job.

Then select moderate Islamic clerics. Praise them to the skies as being hardline. Get them in.

Prepare to face the results of many actions.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

^^this^^ :clapping:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Dealing with an entrenched authoritarian theocracy is hard. Outside of keeping pushing and expecting a long, hard, dangerous struggle I have no advice to give.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Below is my opinion. I know that this problem is too complex for me to solve, so I just share my thoughts

First define the problem. Iran is Islamic. Many Iranians support Theocracy
So far there should be no problem

Alternatives like the military may be worse
True, I agree

Balance might be the best answer.
Not true IMO.
IF you don't eliminate "Hitler like" people they will come back and harder, they are like weeds. Narcissists, Psychopaths are tough

stvdv

Below is my opinion. I know that this problem is too complex for me to solve, so I just share my thoughts
Don’t overthrow the Islamic state. It’s a battle Iranians are unlikely to win
True

BUT
This does prove the hardliners are NOT really a minority causing havoc
Which proves Islam has a problem that should not be underestimated

stvdv

We are finding this out in the US.
I know, listening to those in charge in politics and government
We have it here in Holland too...democracy has gone now

There is a pandemic of Narcissists, which is the real problem
IF that is solved THEN most problems will be solved

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

Our technology is being used to give everyone a sense that they could be famous or that their view should be put out for all to hear. They don't have to actually have anything useful to bring to the table, but it gets out there anyway and people listen.

JIMMY12345

Holland brilliant its so nice this site reaches out to so many countries.

The problem is Iran MAY be better of as it is.Better the devil you know and do no evil.However if Iranians do want change they should not offer themselves up to be arrested and put in prison.They need to box clever and work smarter.Go undercover.Get secret Saudi Arabian funding for regime change.S Arabia is a Islamic state but they are more democratic and modern,Also get the Kurds and Baluchistan on board. Forment unrest.
They need to sabotage secretly the heavy water nuclear facilities.They need to tamper with missiles and drones destines for Russia.Horrid things missiles .So much nicer if they were adjusted to harmlessly explode. They need to court the army but beware as spies abound.Finally they need to sabotage the banks of camera's that Iranian clerics ensure monitors the population like big brother.Spray paint has just so many uses.Make fun of the clerics spread photo's of them with lipstick.Frame members of the Islamic guard accuse them of Sunni sympathy's.

However warning repeated.What comes in replacement might be even more repressive.

JIMMY12345

They should all wave placards saying they want Mojtaba.The Cleric in charge of Iran will blush and embrace the protesters.Iran protesters want his son! Ban executions and give special tax handouts to these wise protesters.Islam is to ingrained in the ruling system.Use the system to fight.
Step by step.After step one.Do step two next.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Defining the problem requires looking also outside Iran.
US policy, & Israeli influence upon it have created &
maintained Iran The Enemy. Their approach is
predominantly about hostility & domination of Iran.
Ever since 1953, this has failed both us & Iran.

Also, I say that Islam itself is a problem because
of inherent tendency towards authoritarian theocracy.
But this isn't a "problem" for us to solve...just one
to cope with in a more peaceful & thoughtful manner.

Last edited: