• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iran confiscates British tanker with 23 crew on board

Shad

Veteran Member
Before today, I had no idea that the Strait was that narrow. And from looking at Navigation charts, outside the channel it is only like 62 feet. I had thought that was Fathoms, but checking the chart, it is feet. Yallah !!!

If we had another President, that would not have happened, and we would be in a war, or not. I'm pretty sure that Russia and perhaps China would react to US action there. Tense times ahead.

China and Russia will do nothing militarily.

Shad

Veteran Member
...And there's not a darn thing they can do about it. And nobody will protect Iran, going against the US.

China won't help them, Russia won't help them. Nobody will.

My point was more about what actions a declining regional power will do compared to a Superpower. The UK is incapable of mounting a serious strike on Iran. The US isn't.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
China and Russia will do nothing militarily.
What makes you think that?

I think that both want to push the USA off the top of the hill, especially Putin's Russia.
I think that Putin is getting his money's worth for supporting Trump by getting Trump to alienate much of the rest of the world, particularly in the middle east oil region.
Tom

Shad

Veteran Member

MAD for one. China does not have a force projection military as that would require a Blue Navy which China does not have. The US has major bases in Japan and SK. Forces in Afghanistan. An alliance with Pakistan. Bases in KSA and Turkey. Plus China would lose the market keeping it's economy going, the US.

Russian action would trigger NATO criteria via a hostile action in the Medi or North Atlantic. The majority of the Russian Navy is in the Black Sea, Baltic and Arctic Sea thus must use the Atlantic or Medi. The Far East fleet is too weak to be a concern. Again MAD. If a NATO partner declined to follow the treaty it would be kicked out of NATO or Trump would just cut the US lose from the leeches.

I think that both want to push the USA off the top of the hill, especially Putin's Russia.

Sure but overt military action would trigger WW3 thus no one wins.

I think that Putin is getting his money's worth for supporting Trump by getting Trump to alienate much of the rest of the world, particularly in the middle east oil region.
Tom

No treaties have been cancelled due to Trump. The masses can whine all they want. Their governments are not doing anything. The EU knows it needs the US and NATO. It would be suicide to end NATO because of 1 POTUS that is disliked.. Heck the EU does nothing while Russia takes over the Ukraine. You think they are going to do anything over who could be a 1 term POTUS?

Few here seem to grasp geo-politics.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

Tom
The opposite, I think. Russia wants peace, wants an alliance with USA.
I know because Putin told our Prime Minister.
But the problem is that most Americans will go wild if they learn of a Russia-US military treaty.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Besides it turns out someone of the American Deep State is mad at Italy for her privileged relation with Putin.
Especially because Putin chose the 4th of July to come here.

Last edited:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
You think they are going to do anything over who could be a 1 term POTUS?
They don't have to do anything.
Just let Trump do to the USA what Bush II did, trash the economy and start an unwinnable war and alienate our allies.
Tom

Shad

Veteran Member
They don't have to do anything.
Just let Trump do to the USA what Bush II did, trash the economy and start an unwinnable war and alienate our allies.
Tom

A problem in the US economy causes economic shock waves globally. It is against their interests. More so every nation has caved to Trump. The economy is on high while all the so-called experts said otherwise. No ally has left NATO. No treaty was voided by an ally. You overestimate the masses and underestimate the interests of the politicians. Very short term thinking.

Keep in mind "they" was a reference to US allies

Last edited:

Shad

Veteran Member
The opposite, I think. Russia wants peace, wants an alliance with USA.
I know because Putin told our Prime Minister.
But the problem is that most Americans will go wild if they learn of a Russia-US military treaty.

Relaxing of tension itself means a more relax approach to trade. Russia does have a number of sanctions against it at this time. A diplomatic overture need not be about a military alliance

Ellen Brown

According to the news, Trump is getting himself into more dire problems. How much worse does it have to get before the prosecution pulls their finger out?