• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Invite to perform Da'wah on me

Pastek

Sunni muslim
Yes I believe in submitting to the God of Abraham. Does that make me a Muslim?

Yes and no.

You're a muslim because you submitted to God, true but nowadays someone who is muslim means he also follows the religion called Islam or at least believe in what says the Shahada (so accepting Muhammad as the last prophet).

Yes, I pray 15 times a day to the God of Abraham.

My belief that God is a Spirit is based on the Bible's proclamation of what God is, as proclaimed by Jesus.

What about your relation to the Bible ?
Do you accept Jesus as the Messiah too ?

And as a last question : Why do you want a da'wa if you have already read the Quran and didn't accepted it already ? What was the problem ?

Peace be upon you too.

NewChapter

GiveMeATicketToWork
As-Salaam Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatu.

Here is my Da'awah short line...

The way of God is to send prophets to people of all generations...He may also choose to send vice-prophets...i.e., people with no new religions, but are appointed by God to continue the missions of the last prophets ...

God will not treat our generation differently...

So search of the man of God in our time...call him the Imam of our time...Call him the Mahdi...

Follow him to become a real Muslim...a follower (in
Arabic a Shiite) of the man of God.

Good Luck

Walaikum As-Salaam.

So brother or sister (brother or sister person of religion,) why do you call yourself a "Shiite" if the Qur'an says that sectarianism is polytheistic and that the Muslims should not be divided (Qur'an 30:31-32; 3:103, 105.)

Isn't the reason that Ali did not fight against Abu Bakr becoming Mohammed's successor that Ali didn't want to divide the community?

If he didn't want to divide it shouldn't Shiites, Sunnis, and all other Muslims be united?...:)

Qur'an 30:31-32:
(31)...and keep up prayer and be not of the polytheists, (32)Of those who split up their religion and become parties; every sect rejoicing in that which is with it.

Qur'an 3:103, 105:
(103)And hold fast by the covenant of Allah all together and be not disunited...

(105)And be not like those who became divided and disagreed after clear arguments had come to them. And for them is a grievous chastisement.

Last edited:

NewChapter

GiveMeATicketToWork
Yes and no.

You're a muslim because you submitted to God, true but nowadays someone who is muslim means he also follows the religion called Islam or at least believe in what says the Shahada (so accepting Muhammad as the last prophet).

Yes that is true, I believe in submitting to God but I as of right now am not a believer that Mohammed is a prophet. I am intending to re-engage in studying Mohammed. I studied him some years ago, but I need to study him again before being convinced that he is a Prophet.

What about your relation to the Bible ?
Do you accept Jesus as the Messiah too ?

And as a last question : Why do you want a da'wa if you have already read the Quran and didn't accepted it already ? What was the problem ?

Peace be upon you too.

I believe that the Bible is the Word of the God of Abraham. Yes I believe that Jesus is the Messiah. I am interested in a Da'wa because I studied Mohammed some years ago and need to restudy him.

Peace to you, :)
Bro. (brother person of religion) Noah

Union

Peace to you.

And you cite that Qur'an passage to say what? :)

Peace be with you also .
This verse is in favor of your challenge that Muslim (?) will never unite only because somebody will pray for them to do so unless they should realize the evil that they are doing in the face of the earth and stop it . By the way they are Shia and Sunni but not Muslim . Islam doesn't have any division in it .

Union

Hi again...another question, could anyone discuss this subject as it goes in Islam: Males & females.

I just visited this site and was repelled (as in found it repulsive, no offense meant to anyone) by the first paragraph:

http://womeninislam.ws/en/women-right-islam_equality-men-women.aspx

You are 100% right on that , hence do not worry to mention at all on what you felt . Please hit the following threads in Quranist DIR , you may find these interesting :

01.Sex Slaves /Ma Malakat Aymanuhum in Qur'an
http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/sex-slaves-ma-malakat-aymanuhum-in-quran.173514/

02.Top 10 Controversial Verses in the Qur'an
http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/top-10-controversial-verses-in-the-quran.173945/

03.'Hoor' for men in paradise , what about women?
http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/hoor-for-men-in-paradise-what-about-women.123400/

04.Qur'an disapproves child marraige (of Aisha)
http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/quran-disapproves-child-marraige-of-aisha.155401/

05.Is traditional women Hijab/Burqa/Niaqb authorize by Almighty GOD?
http://www.religiousforums.com/thre...burqa-niaqb-authorize-by-almighty-god.144849/

06.Women:Qur'an Vs. Hadith
http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/women-quran-vs-hadith.155843/

Union

Walaikum As-Salaam.

So brother or sister (brother or sister person of religion,) why do you call yourself a "Shiite" if the Qur'an says that sectarianism is polytheistic and that the Muslims should not be divided (Qur'an 30:31-32; 3:103, 105.)

Isn't the reason that Ali did not fight against Abu Bakr becoming Mohammed's successor that Ali didn't want to divide the community?

If he didn't want to divide it shouldn't Shiites, Sunnis, and all other Muslims be united?...:)

(31)...and keep up prayer and be not of the polytheists, (32)Of those who split up their religion and become parties; every sect rejoicing in that which is with it.

(103)And hold fast by the covenant of Allah all together and be not disunited...

(105)And be not like those who became divided and disagreed after clear arguments had come to them. And for them is a grievous chastisement.

You got my 1K likes for this awesome post . LOVE IT SO MUCH !!

Union

Walaikum As-Salaam.

Shia - Sunni do not follow the Qur'an , they have their own books ( eg Al-Kafi & Al-Bukhari) , hence who care what GOD says !!

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
Walaikum As-Salaam.

As-Salam Alaikum brother,

Here is my answer:

1. We call ourselves what the prophet called us- as confirmed by the Sunnis- the Shiites of Ali (s)...and the prophet said that the Shiites of Ali will be the Successful in the day of resurrection.

2. The Quran referred to Abraham as a Shiite.

3. The fact that Imam Ali (s) did not fight AbuBakr does not mean that AbuBakr did not steal the position of Khlifat from Imam Ali a.s, who is the successor of the prophet that Allah has appointed.

3. Calling the Sunnis to follow Ahlulbayt a.s does not mean that we don't believe in Unity among Muslims. Who are calling for unity among Muslims more than the Shiites?!!!

Last edited:

Tomorrows_Child

Hi again...another question, could anyone discuss this subject as it goes in Islam: Males & females.

I just visited this site and was repelled (as in found it repulsive, no offense meant to anyone) by the first paragraph:

In one sense, equality between men and women is possible and reasonable because they are both human, with similar souls, brains, hearts, lungs, limbs, etc. In another sense, equality between men and women is impossible and an absurdity due to their natural differences in physical, mental, emotional and psychological qualities, inclinations and abilities. Between these two we must tread to illuminate how they are equal, and how they are complimentary.

You found the above paragraph "repulsive"? How so?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Walaikum As-Salaam.

The same thing with the atheists, whatever signs they still won't believe.

Tomorrows_Child

The same thing with the atheists, whatever signs they still won't believe.

Many do not but some, who come to study Islam with open hearts and minds and no prejudice, will benefit. They may not necessarily convert but they will understand the true message and it helps their lives. I've met such individuals but often times, most people who speak of "studying" Islam come in with their own per-conceived ideas and notions and are not wiling to learn. I hope the OP is not one of them.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There is no point in challenging Muslims so you can become a Muslim!!! if you become a Muslim, it's for your own soul, no one will benefit except you, so i don't understand the logic behind this challenge.

When it comes to Muslims, they need to be real Muslims and have faith and spread justice if they want to be successful. That can be achieved by following the Quran and sunnah.

Not sure what feel you offensive, better if you ask straight, if i read it i can say women is like a queen, a queen who rule over his husband/fathers/brother , husband fill all his need and she just enjoay all his wealth alone. No duty, to spend money or earn simply enjoy what he had

NewChapter

GiveMeATicketToWork
As-Salam Alaikum brother,

Here is my answer:

1. We call ourselves what the prophet called us- as confirmed by the Sunnis- the Shiites of Ali (s)...and the prophet said that the Shiites of Ali will be the Successful in the day of resurrection.

2. The Quran referred to Abraham as a Shiite.

3. The fact that Imam Ali (s) did not fight AbuBakr does not mean that AbuBakr did not steal the position of Khlifat from Imam Ali a.s, who is the successor of the prophet that Allah has appointed.

3. Calling the Sunnis to follow Ahlulbayt a.s does not mean that we don't believe in Unity among Muslims. Who are calling for unity among Muslims more than the Shiites?!!!

But the Qur'an says that sectarianism = polytheism (Surah 30:31-32.)

NewChapter

GiveMeATicketToWork
In one sense, equality between men and women is possible and reasonable because they are both human, with similar souls, brains, hearts, lungs, limbs, etc. In another sense, equality between men and women is impossible and an absurdity due to their natural differences in physical, mental, emotional and psychological qualities, inclinations and abilities. Between these two we must tread to illuminate how they are equal, and how they are complimentary.

You found the above paragraph "repulsive"? How so?

Seems to be saying females are inherently inferior...that, I am repulsed by...very repulsed.