• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Introvert, extrovert, omnivert or ambivert

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Introvert, extrovert, omnivert or ambivert.
Which are you?

Ambivert but closer to introvert here.

Introvert - An introvert is a person who prefers alone time and minimal social situations. Introverts like smaller or more intimate social events, as larger ones demand more energy. For this reason, introverted people tend to have a small group of close friends. Introverts are often self-aware, contemplative, and considerate because they spend more time alone with their thoughts and practice solitary hobbies.

Extrovert -is an outgoing person who thrives in a stimulating environment. Whether at work or doing social activities, extroverts shine in group settings and feel energized by the company of others. Personality traits of extroverts include impulsivity, comfort in social settings, and outgoingness. For extroverts, engaging in social gatherings and being the center of attention brings extroverts joy and validation

Ambivert -is someone who displays qualities of both introversion and extroversion. Ambiverts might enjoy a mix of extroversion-introversion preferences, which can mean they experience validation through both alone time and social situations. Both are necessary depending on the person’s mood or desires

Omnivert -is someone who experience extremes in introversion and extraversion. Unlike ambiverts, omniverts have trouble balancing outgoingness and shyness. As a result, they can seem like they have a dual personality depending on the situation they're in.

I always thought I was an introvert, but I had never heard of ambivert or omnivert before (not sure where "pervert" would fit on this scale). I may be an omnivert, since I've had times when I've had to speak before large groups of people and got a bit loud. When situations call for it, I can be quite pushy, too. But in most other situations, I'll usually just sit in the back and be quiet.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I always thought I was an introvert, but I had never heard of ambivert or omnivert before (not sure where "pervert" would fit on this scale). I may be an omnivert, since I've had times when I've had to speak before large groups of people and got a bit loud. When situations call for it, I can be quite pushy, too. But in most other situations, I'll usually just sit in the back and be quiet.

Desertvert

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm a quiet extrovert. I prefer small groups to large ones, though.

The more time I am alone, the more unhappy I tend to be. I'm not uncomfortable with it, I just don't enjoy it anymore.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
As I mentioned, I think of myself more as an ambivert these days, and I suspect this was gained (after being an introvert for so long) by being more in contact with my emotions, and also as to not caring so much as to what others think of me. :D

:hugehug:

FredVB

I am an introvert. I am actually the most introverted person I would ever have heard of. I get tired of other people I meet, or who are around, very quickly. I am quite content with giving myself things to do, that keep me pretty busy with feeling I accomplish things I want to do, and I can't do these things with any others around, who will only be a distraction. It is not that I am shy, I could be so a little bit, but this is different. I feel what others experience with any others is pretty wasteful of time for things that could be done.