• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Limo

When you've decided to convert to Islam, was you driven by emotion or deep understanding ?
The following part is very intersting
One night at a Hookah bar after we were getting ready to graduate my friend and I joined one of the brothers from the mosque. He tossed out little nuggets that would end up annoying me. “ If evolution is true how come there are still monkeys!” I had gotten impatient and felt like voicing my own opinion but decided against it. This friend of ours wasn’t exactly a peaceful man. Eventually I even told him “ If I wasn’t a muslim I don’t think I could believe in Jesus.”

After hearing myself say that it became all too clear to me. I had lost my belief in parts of Islam.
I commit by my tongue and hurt, I as a Muslim :
  • I don't believe in Jesus-Christ
  • I don't believe he ever existed
  • Jesus-Christ is a constructed/invented character in Nicaea, Alexandria, and Rome
I still keep my Islamic belief, actually this is the right Islamic belief.;)

We believe in another human being, born from a virgin without a father, wasn't crucified, didn't die, no resurrection, no salvation,,,,

Nevertheless, Any Muslim (same in any other religion), sometimes has doubts, questions, hesitation. We clear it by reading, discussion,debate

Welcome in RF
Regards

Last edited:

Kirran

Premium Member
Hey LA! Welcome to RF :) Hope you have a useful time here.

Thanks for sharing your story, it's probably one of the more interesting ones we've heard here. Personally, I'm a big advocate of 'if you want to worship God just worship God', really - if a religion helps you with that, great, but it isn't the point of it all to me.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Very long travels you have, actually I am not so sure it has been a “religious journey” for you in as much just wandering as part of adventure, which is not a bad way to live in life. I am not a good source of “advice” and actually hate giving such unless it is with a fellow Hindu – to be clear I am certainly not dogmatic. So as you are not a Hindu (yet?) I am too bored to give you any advice and certainly you probably are not interested in advice. Probably you are more interested in giving others advice.

But I am not bad in predicting the future.

My gut is you will be wandering around for a long time. Of which, that is not a problem. I literally live adventure and wandering around and having fun. I guess that is why I have always been a Hindu or a “Dharmi”. Sometimes Dharma however is translated as “Law” or “truth” as well. Or even “rules”. But I do not follow any rules even when I follow rules. So I will break a rule which you will not like, it is your own rule not mine IMHO, but actually in this rare case I will offer advice even though you would likely reject it, do not take it personally.

My advice is a particular “religion” is not your venue for the next 100 years, of which you will be dead first. So my advice is, instead of a religion, you should adopt a hobby.

I think a good hobby for you is astronomy. Looking at starts and planets and universes (those you can possibly see from Earth) with a telescope, read those fantastic books on the universe(s), the cosmic clouds, black holes, et all, and perhaps call that “my religion”. You have a lot of room to wander in that “religion”. But that is just my thoughts, which may not be very much of value.

WELCOME and I hope you “do not preach”. But I LOVE stories – and you seem to tell stories, inclusive of your life’s stories, and a good story is always something I like. Even made up ones. I love it, as I am a child of the universe. Not an adult. But any peter pan can be trouble sooner or later. Like you, I like to wander and travel. But I just travel for it’s own sake of adventure, not to find any “solution”. The adventure is the solution if you just want to have fun.

Opps – sorry for “ranting”. Welcome again.

Lorgar-Aurelian

Very long travels you have, actually I am not so sure it has been a “religious journey” for you in as much just wandering as part of adventure, which is not a bad way to live in life. I am not a good source of “advice” and actually hate giving such unless it is with a fellow Hindu – to be clear I am certainly not dogmatic. So as you are not a Hindu (yet?) I am too bored to give you any advice and certainly you probably are not interested in advice. Probably you are more interested in giving others advice.

But I am not bad in predicting the future.

My gut is you will be wandering around for a long time. Of which, that is not a problem. I literally live adventure and wandering around and having fun. I guess that is why I have always been a Hindu or a “Dharmi”. Sometimes Dharma however is translated as “Law” or “truth” as well. Or even “rules”. But I do not follow any rules even when I follow rules. So I will break a rule which you will not like, it is your own rule not mine IMHO, but actually in this rare case I will offer advice even though you would likely reject it, do not take it personally.

My advice is a particular “religion” is not your venue for the next 100 years, of which you will be dead first. So my advice is, instead of a religion, you should adopt a hobby.

I think a good hobby for you is astronomy. Looking at starts and planets and universes (those you can possibly see from Earth) with a telescope, read those fantastic books on the universe(s), the cosmic clouds, black holes, et all, and perhaps call that “my religion”. You have a lot of room to wander in that “religion”. But that is just my thoughts, which may not be very much of value.

WELCOME and I hope you “do not preach”. But I LOVE stories – and you seem to tell stories, inclusive of your life’s stories, and a good story is always something I like. Even made up ones. I love it, as I am a child of the universe. Not an adult. But any peter pan can be trouble sooner or later. Like you, I like to wander and travel. But I just travel for it’s own sake of adventure, not to find any “solution”. The adventure is the solution if you just want to have fun.

Opps – sorry for “ranting”. Welcome again.

I'm not opposed to being a hindu or looking into Hinduism yet again. What sort of sources or advice would you give me if I was considering being a Hindu or following a Dharmic path?