• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interesting

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That's useful if you have the knowledge and the tools. I do some of the work myself, but for other things it's more economic to work a few hours to pay the mechanic than to do the work myself, which would take me longer than the work to get the money.
And more than half of the bill was for parts anyway, €700 for a new catalytic converter.
Ouch. That's more than cost of all the parts combined when I worked on my mom's van a few months ago.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Say something interesting.

I don't care what it is.

It can be something you found in your couch cushions, something that happened when you were 5, or a trivial fact you haven't had the opportunity to share in awhile. Or anything else you can think of, so long as its interesting!

Go!

In some games, whenever you win a message written 'You win' shows up on the screen.

'Você ganha', in portuguese, is accurately translated as 'You win', in english. Now here is the trivia: We don't say 'Você ganha', because that sounds like broken portuguese. We say 'Você ganhou', which means literally 'You won'. In portuguese, a victory is always treated as something that happened in the past.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Say something interesting.

I don't care what it is.

It can be something you found in your couch cushions, something that happened when you were 5, or a trivial fact you haven't had the opportunity to share in awhile. Or anything else you can think of, so long as its interesting!

Go!

The worst time of the year to come to Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) is generally when most tourists come: during our summer.

The rationale of the tourists is that they will be able to get away from the harsh winter in the North hemisphere, but...

Summer here is both the season with the unbearable temperatures (40 C) and with the highest rain rate. One of Rio's nickname is Hell de Janeiro due to the temperatures.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Thats a lot of money just to go for a walk along the beach with you
My company is valuable.

Must be why everyone in these parts avoids me... afraid they can't afford it.
I don't know about that, she married me.
We're all allowed a momentary lapse of judgement from time to time.
The worst time of the year to come to Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) is generally when most tourists come: during our summer.

The rationale of the tourists is that they will be able to get away from the harsh winter in the North hemisphere, but...

Summer here is both the season with the unbearable temperatures (40 C) and with the highest rain rate. One of Rio's nickname is Hell de Janeiro due to the temperatures.
I've read that...

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
On the way home from the doctors there was a strange buzzing noise for a few seconds. We couldn't locate it and no warning lights came on so...
A couple of minutes later another odd buzzing sound, different but again we couldn't locate it.
Just as we parked up Paul received a text message. Seconds later so did i. No rush, we'll check when we get into the house and get a cup of coffee.

While making coffee i checked my phone.
The lock screen had been taken over by a message.

ALERTE - ALERTE - ALERT.
Test by the prefecture of the Dordogne. Blah, blah, blah.

The text message was the same message.

Concerning and interesting, it seems they can take over my phone and bypass the lock screen security code to get emergency messages out.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
On the way home from the doctors there was a strange buzzing noise for a few seconds. We couldn't locate it and no warning lights came on so...
A couple of minutes later another odd buzzing sound, different but again we couldn't locate it.
Just as we parked up Paul received a text message. Seconds later so did i. No rush, we'll check when we get into the house and get a cup of coffee.

ALERTE - ALERTE - ALERT.

Concerning and interesting, it seems they can take over my phone and bypass the lock screen security code to get emergency messages out.
They do that here, too.

I have the alert message permanently stuck on my screen from the last time they did an amber(abduction) alert.

Heyo

Veteran Member

ALERTE - ALERTE - ALERT.

They did that test here a few weeks ago. Can't say if they could bypass the lock screen, as I have allowed messages. It was the first test of that kind and I knew about it in advance.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
hergadf4.JPG

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Can do it here as well for Emergency Broadcasts...severe thunderstorm, blizzard, earthquake, tornado, bearmageddon has come, etc.
And the only thing I have received is when they canceled an Amber Alert...
Which is rather weird, cause I would have thought that getting one would be more productive to get the Amber Alert...

But hey, thats government for you.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member

ALERTE - ALERTE - ALERT.

I should be so lucky. When they did the alert test here some months back my ostensibly 4g phone dropped down to 3g for some reason so I never received it - this being on Smarty, and where 3g is as often shown as 4g. :(

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I should be so lucky. When they did the alert test here some months back my ostensibly 4g phone dropped down to 3g for some reason so I never received it - this being on Smarty, and where 3g is as often shown as 4g. :(

And they imply it's so good on the adverts