• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interdenominational Views

kyzar

Hey Everyone,
Just a quick survey type thing to anyone thats interested... What is your Christian Denomination, and how does it differ from my personal beliefs?

Saved by grace through faith, and not of works...
Triune Godhead...
Jeses' death, ressurection and subsequent ascention...
Adult Baptism...

There are others, but I guess these are qhat Im curious aboout...
I'm not looking for a fight, just trying to quence my curiousity...

Thanks!

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Hey, those views are pretty much what my S. Baptist church teaches.

Scott1

kyzar,

Hello and welcome, first of all!

What is your Christian Denomination, and how does it differ from my personal beliefs?
Well, as a member of the Catholic Church, we agree on everything but adult baptism.............
we allow infant baptism and have the Sacrament of Confirmation when the person reaches adulthood......... same but different than your faith, but I believe both "work", so who cares? :p

Looking forward to hearing more about your faith.

Peace in Christ,
Scott

true blood

kyzar said:
What is your Christian Denomination, and how does it differ from my personal beliefs?

First of all, the center of all true Christian faith is the ONE Body of Christ. Therefore, the different so-called "bodies" have brought about many erroneous doctrines causing many divisions and denominations. In our modern time, the truth that God justifies every believer by the faith of Jesus Christ and that He saves every believer by grace are basicly buried asunder. Darkness has engulfed the Christian world and "religion", man-made forms of worship, now define most of Christianity.

The Lord Jesus Christ made a declaration in John 16:12-15 before his ascension into heaven. Read it. Now ask yourself "when, where, and how" The Holy Spirit was sent to guide all believers into "all the truth". It certainly does not mean that the Holy Spirit would show one truth to one person and another truth to another person, and that these truths would be so different causeing Christians to form into denominations and splinter groups. No way.

I'm not trying to argue or fight with anyone but let's face the music. There are real christians and there are fake christians. A real christian can also be misled by erronous doctrine as well. The facts that the Body of Christ is one body yet today we have a large number of denominations should speak volumes.

I suggest you read Romans, Ephesians, and Thessalonians. No true Christian should have to feel sorry for anything as some of you suggest.

QuakingAlgerian

I am a member of the Religious Society of Friends and we do not baptize. We also believe that one is saved through faith and by works. Faith without works is not faith. There is a song that goes "one is is your left hand, one is your right, it takes to strong hands to hold on tight" in regaurds to faith and works.