• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Inter-faith marriage

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
religious faith doesnt say anything against it. its the soul that counts! but culturally its bad for a hindu to marry outside religion and race, especially a muslim or a black.

CNovaJason

What I don't understand about my religion (and also don't think is true, nor believe is true) is that if I am not married by a Catholic Priest or Deacon I am not "married" in God's eyes. To me that is so wrong. So what is the other person there for? Honestly think about it........."I" have to get married by a Catholic Priest or Deacon, what does that say about the person I'm marrying? That they don't matter? My mom is freaking out about my g/f and I not wanting to get married that way because of our beliefs. She is Baptist by the way(the g/f). Anyway, I love her and we both believe in one God and our faith is VERY strong separately and together I couldn't imagine how strong it would be. Another thing is the annulled deal. She was married before but I don't see why she has to annull(spelling?) her marriage to marry me. She doesn't want to annull it because she feels that she was never married which bothers her because she doesn't want to think like that. She is over him and has moved on BUT she was in love with him at the time and things did not work out. I just sometimes don't understand my faith but still believe in the Lord our Savior. I am an adult now and so is she and we will make our decision about marriage together and spend our lives together serving the Lord and loving Him and one another.

BruceDLimber

Hi! :)

CNJ>What I don't understand about my religion (and also don't think is true, nor believe is true) is that if I am not married by a Catholic Priest or Deacon I am not "married" in God's eyes. To me that is so wrong. So what is the other person there for?

Precisely!

We Bahais have no clergy whatever, so in our weddings the man and woman marry each other in the sigit of God!

Best,

Bruce

Doc

Space Chief
I have always been more compatible with people that are either very diverse culturally or have a very different religion than myself. But I must say it would be difficult for me to find a studying Buddhist with Christian roots who is fascinated by the Voodoo religion. Not many girls that I have met are that.

Of all the things to get in the way of true love, I certainly hope that religion will not be one of them for me.