• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Intellectually dishonest?

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Would you identify yourself as a "Somethingist"?

Sure. Why not?

Though technically speaking, I'm an "Anythingist."

This is in accordance with the wisdom of the great Daryl Zero:
Now, a few words on looking for things. When you go looking for something specific, your chances of finding it are very bad. Because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. When you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good. Because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them.

Booko

Deviled Hen
doppelgänger;895077 said:
This is in accordance with the wisdom of the great Daryl Zero:
Now, a few words on looking for things. When you go looking for something specific, your chances of finding it are very bad. Because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. When you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good. Because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them.

We found some cupcakes on another thread tonight.

Does that mean I'm saved? :confused:

lunamoth

Will to love
doppelgänger;895108 said:
Who being in very nature Depp
Did not grasp equality with us.
But made for us cupcakes
And took up a servant's nature.

I heard the position of BlueJay Rook is open...you applying?

lunamoth

Will to love
doppelgänger;895115 said:
Does it involve Gregorian Yodeling?

It could...

The last Bluejay tended to stick with your basic evil cackle...."bwahahahahahaha." But, innovation is good.

lunamoth

Will to love
doppelgänger;895135 said:
Count me in then. My confirmation name shall be Deppelganger.

Lol! Welcome Brother Deppelganger! Let there be cake!

choccupcake.jpg

Popeyesays

The thing about the "virgin birth" is that DNA does not have to have been passed. If God willed jesus to exist through the agency of Mary's womb, no DNA was required. To think that God passed DNA to Mary is rather a silly notion if one does not see that God does not require gender.

Anyway it is sill to elevate jesus to the status of God just because He was born of a virgin. After all Adam had neither mother nor father and yet the will of God created Him.

This is all metaphorical of course. Trying to chain all this to literality is nonsense in the extreme.

Regards,
Scott

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Yes if you take a book of scientific ethics up. Claiming that something is true without any form of proof is intellectually dishonest.

But how can I prove that the assertion "claiming something is true without proof is intellectually dishonest" is true? Is the book of scientific ethics proof?