• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

inspirations of the koran

robtex

Veteran Member
For the Muslims of RF are there any chapters in the Koran that stand out more than the overall Koran as far as spirtual, emotional or religious signifgance to you. If so which ones and why?

Nehustan

I think that I must suggest you look at Sura Al Ikhlas , the Sincerity of faith (112), as it is suppose to be 'worth' 1/3 of the Quran. Then I do have some favourites that really hit home. I think they all interrelate but they are 2:255(and of course 2:256 but not directly related in the personal context mentioned), 24:35-46, and 20:5, tho' I think my understanding of this also rests on hadith and scholarly writings on the subjects. The first Surah (96) revealed to Muhammad through Gabriel is definately worth reading and is short. Muhammad did not receieve it all initially, as he ran down the mountain to get away from Gabriel before he had a chance to finish it, I think Gabriel managed to get to the fifth ayat at first attempt. Then of course there is the 'first' surah called 'The opening' which is recited in each prayer, and even may be recited over contracts.

The last three ayat of Surah Hash' r. Extremely beautiful to read and hear recited.It is Surah 59.

"His are the most beautiful names."