• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Inside View of Chinese communism

Nicholas

Bodhicitta
Note the spiritual tone to this anti-communist book - refreshing - from the Preface to The Specter of Communism mentioned in my post #3:

"Communism is neither a trend of thought, nor a doctrine, nor a failed attempt at a new way of ordering human affairs. Instead, it should be understood as a devil—an evil specter forged by hate, degeneracy, and other elemental forces in the universe. It took the form of a serpent, then that of a red dragon, and it keeps company with Satan, who hates God. It exploits low-level beings and demons to wreak havoc on man. The goal of the specter is to ruin humanity, and while the divine offers salvation to humankind, communism tells man not to believe, attacks human morality so as to renounce tradition, and causes man not to heed God’s instruction and, ultimately, to be destroyed."

Audie

Veteran Member
Note the spiritual tone to this anti-communist book - refreshing - from the Preface to The Specter of Communism mentioned in my post #3:

"Communism is neither a trend of thought, nor a doctrine, nor a failed attempt at a new way of ordering human affairs. Instead, it should be understood as a devil—an evil specter forged by hate, degeneracy, and other elemental forces in the universe. It took the form of a serpent, then that of a red dragon, and it keeps company with Satan, who hates God. It exploits low-level beings and demons to wreak havoc on man. The goal of the specter is to ruin humanity, and while the divine offers salvation to humankind, communism tells man not to believe, attacks human morality so as to renounce tradition, and causes man not to heed God’s instruction and, ultimately, to be destroyed."

Goodness, another live one!

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal

Ah yes, the "evils" of godless communism.

Audie

Veteran Member
Plenty of evidence & testimony here on the truly evil practices of communism:

The Dead End of Communism - The Epoch Times

Are you-you must be-under the impression that
"communist" means the same thing in any two
countries?

In the event, the evil practices are those of human
beings. You could do one on the evil practices of
church people. (see "inquisition", say)
Same for capitalism.

Communism is a product of misguided idealism,
kind of like all idealism.

What is your prob, bro? Why are you so
worked up about communism?

Nicholas

Bodhicitta
Audie, It would do you good to actually study some of the articles, then you might be less blasé about communism.

I will admit part of my being 'worked up' has to do with me being a Buddhist and the fact that communism has murdered many Buddhists & destroyed our monasteries in Tibet, China & SE Asia.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
You could do one on the evil practices of
church people. (see "inquisition", say)
Same for capitalism.
From EuroChristian colonialism to the horrors visited upon the weak and poor by Capitalism, the list is endless of centuries of abuse by people who weren't communist, much less Communist.

But you won't find that in the history books that they write.

Tom

* I will possibly get another infraction point for posting in the Conservative Only forum. It's, sometimes, totally worth it.*

Audie

Veteran Member
Audie, It would do you good to actually study some of the articles, then you might be less blasé about communism.

I will admit part of my being 'worked up' has to do with me being a Buddhist and the fact that communism has murdered many Buddhists & destroyed our monasteries in Tibet, China & SE Asia.

Ok, that explains why it is an issue with you.

If ISIS / talibans took over, they'd do the same
for your monasteries.

"Your" monasteries? You in Tibet, or one of those?

I am from Hong Kong, my family was there when
the Japanese invaded. Perhaps you have a tinuy
inkling of what happened there.

Many of my family members died then, and more
under Mao. Dont be thinking I am "blase" or
ignorant.

Or that I am impressed by woo woo sites, or
church-screeds as a source of study material.

Audie

Veteran Member
From EuroChristian colonialism to the horrors visited upon the weak and poor by Capitalism, the list is endless of centuries of abuse by people who weren't communist, much less Communist.

But you won't find that in the history books that they write.

Tom

* I will possibly get another infraction point for posting in the Conservative Only forum. It's, sometimes, totally worth it.*

To liberal acquaintances in NYC (that is like saying
"city people" in NYC, it goes without saying)
I am somewhere to the right of Attila the Hun.

And to others elsewhere I am a flamin' lib. I dont actually
think much along party lines.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
To liberal acquaintances in NYC (that is like saying
"city people" in NYC, it goes without saying)
I am somewhere to the right of Attila the Hun.

And to others elsewhere I am a flamin' lib. I dont actually
think much along party lines.
Which is why I like you.:hugehug:
Are you paying attention to Rev and me so that you can become a more effective jerk?
Tom