• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Infallibility

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So, if it's with the Baha', it's all fine & dandy; but if it's with the Catholics, no deal. Seems to be quite a double-standard.

You could post the sources of authority from God that the Pope used to make himself infallible. That would be the Word of God as Christ spoke to prove the infallibility of the Pope.

As a Baha'i I have those documents signed and sealed by the Messenger from God and always available to submit as proof.

The same Issue can be found in Islam.

Regards Tony

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
You could post the sources of authority from God that the Pope used to make himself infallible. That would be the Word of God as Christ spoke to prove the infallibility of the Pope.

As a Baha'i I have those documents signed and sealed by the Messenger from God and always available to submit as proof.

The same Issue can be found in Islam.

Regards Tony
What it's based on can be found here: Papal infallibility - Wikipedia

metis

Thus why the Church has split.
That has little to do with the Church splitting as there were so many other issues involved.

Jesus said he'd guide his Church until the end of time, and the issue of papal infallibility in part rests on that. The pope simply cannot do this on his own because he is required under Canon Law to work in communion with the bishops and cardinals, plus the decision cannot contradict the Bible nor early Church traditions. The fact that there has only been several such decisions speaks to the fact that it is a lengthy and detailed process.

But what concern is this to you since it only applies to Catholics? Am I, as a Catholic, rightfully to dictate to you what you as a Baha'i must believe?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But what concern is this to you since it only applies to Catholics? Am I, as a Catholic, rightfully to dictate to you what you as a Baha'i must believe?

It is no concern to me, but to discuss the topic of Infallibility and the possible source. logically, infallibility can not come from a fallible source. You posted on the topic and I responded, it has now concluded with;

You are free to pursue all your heart desires.

Regards Tony

metis

It is no concern to me, but to discuss the topic of Infallibility and the possible source. logically, infallibility can not come from a fallible source. You posted on the topic and I responded, it has now concluded with;

You are free to pursue all your heart desires.

Regards Tony
Sorry if I came off being sarcastic, but that was not my intent. As I posted earlier, I personally do not believe in papal infallibility per se, but neither can I claim that it's wrong-headed. I have long learned to live without knowing a lot of things.

Anyhow, take care.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Sorry if I came off being sarcastic, but that was not my intent. As I posted earlier, I personally do not believe in papal infallibility per se, but neither can I claim that it's wrong-headed. I have long learned to live without knowing a lot of things.

Anyhow, take care.

I wish you always well and happy.

The world around us is now changing very fast, it is a rose about to bloom.

Regards Tony