• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Indian Economy is Fake News

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
A series of revelations over the last 6 months have now clearly shown that the current BJP led Indian government is blatantly manipulating and suppressing economic data to paint a fake picture of the state of the Indian economy. This includes manipulating GDP report, employment report, under-reporting debt and over-reporting how much investment is actually happening.

The truth apparently is this.
1) Urban and Rural Unemployment is at 40 year high
2) Foreign Direct investment is at a 10 year low
3) Indian agricultural income is at a 2-decade low leading to full blown farming crisis. This has been accentuated by this governments religious zeal over cow slaughter that has destroyed the livestock market.

The current government, instead of facing these issues, have directly interfered in the workings of the Reserve Bank and Statistics Departments to suppress these data from coming out,resulting in multiple resignations.

All these suggest that Indian economy is heading for a crash coupled with considerable amount of social unrest, all because of a government that is desperate to hide its ineptitude in the garb of fake data, fake religiosity and fake nationalism.

Here are the associated reports
Data Manipulation
Unemployment Data: Junk Nasty Jobs Report, Publish Favourable Ones! How to Believe Our Data?
High Unemployment
India's unemployment rate hit four-decade high of 6.1% in 2017-18, says NSSO survey
Farm Distress
What made rural India abandon its cattle in droves
Worst price slump in 18 years shows scale of farm crisis
Institution Suppression
Resignation of NSC members exposes government's unwillingness to tackle unemployment
Urjit Patel resigns as RBI Governor

And Ganga remains as polluted as ever. The pollution load even increased in many parts of UP, including Varanasi.
Ganga clean at just one out of 39 locations: CPCB

That is the brief summary of the state of India as it heads for national elections in 2 months time. Have a nice day. :cool:

Jumi

Sad to hear, seems like a slew of bad news on economy recently. Either from lies or the global economic downturn.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
A series of revelations over the last 6 months have now clearly shown that the current BJP led Indian government is blatantly manipulating and suppressing economic data to paint a fake picture of the state of the Indian economy. This includes manipulating GDP report, employment report, under-reporting debt and over-reporting how much investment is actually happening.

The truth apparently is this.
1) Urban and Rural Unemployment is at 40 year high
2) Foreign Direct investment is at a 10 year low
3) Indian agricultural income is at a 2-decade low leading to full blown farming crisis. This has been accentuated by this governments religious zeal over cow slaughter that has destroyed the livestock market.

The current government, instead of facing these issues, have directly interfered in the workings of the Reserve Bank and Statistics Departments to suppress these data from coming out,resulting in multiple resignations.

All these suggest that Indian economy is heading for a crash coupled with considerable amount of social unrest, all because of a government that is desperate to hide its ineptitude in the garb of fake data, fake religiosity and fake nationalism.

Here are the associated reports
Data Manipulation
Unemployment Data: Junk Nasty Jobs Report, Publish Favourable Ones! How to Believe Our Data?
High Unemployment
India's unemployment rate hit four-decade high of 6.1% in 2017-18, says NSSO survey
Farm Distress
What made rural India abandon its cattle in droves
Worst price slump in 18 years shows scale of farm crisis
Institution Suppression
Resignation of NSC members exposes government's unwillingness to tackle unemployment
Urjit Patel resigns as RBI Governor

And Ganga remains as polluted as ever. The pollution load even increased in many parts of UP, including Varanasi.
Ganga clean at just one out of 39 locations: CPCB

That is the brief summary of the state of India as it heads for national elections in 2 months time. Have a nice day. :cool:

Reminds me of one of my favorite economist jokes:

A mathematician, an accountant and an economist apply for the same job.

The interviewer calls in the mathematician and asks "What do two plus two equal?" The mathematician replies "Four." The interviewer asks "Four, exactly?" The mathematician looks at the interviewer incredulously and says "Yes, four, exactly."

Then the interviewer calls in the accountant and asks the same question "What do two plus two equal?" The accountant says "On average, four - give or take ten percent, but on average, four."

Then the interviewer calls in the economist and poses the same question "What do two plus two equal?" The economist gets up, locks the door, closes the shade, sits down next to the interviewer and says, "What do you want it to equal"?

Or this one:

Q: How many conservative economists does it take to change a light bulb?

A1: None. If the government would just leave it alone, it would screw itself in.

A2: None, because, look! It's getting brighter! It's definitely getting brighter!

A3: None, they're all waiting for the unseen hand of the market to correct the lighting disequilibrium.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Reminds me of one of my favorite economist jokes:

A mathematician, an accountant and an economist apply for the same job.

The interviewer calls in the mathematician and asks "What do two plus two equal?" The mathematician replies "Four." The interviewer asks "Four, exactly?" The mathematician looks at the interviewer incredulously and says "Yes, four, exactly."

Then the interviewer calls in the accountant and asks the same question "What do two plus two equal?" The accountant says "On average, four - give or take ten percent, but on average, four."

Then the interviewer calls in the economist and poses the same question "What do two plus two equal?" The economist gets up, locks the door, closes the shade, sits down next to the interviewer and says, "What do you want it to equal"?

Or this one:

Q: How many conservative economists does it take to change a light bulb?

A1: None. If the government would just leave it alone, it would screw itself in.

A2: None, because, look! It's getting brighter! It's definitely getting brighter!

A3: None, they're all waiting for the unseen hand of the market to correct the lighting disequilibrium.
An accountant wouldn't answer that way.

Found on the internet....
Man walking along a road in the countryside comes across a shepherd and a huge flock of sheep.
Tells the shepherd, "I will bet you $100 against one of your sheep that I can tell you the exact number in this flock."
The shepherd thinks it over; it's a big flock so he takes the bet. "973," says the man.
The shepherd is astonished, because that is exactly right.
Says "OK, I'm a man of my word, take an animal."
Man picks one up and begins to walk away.

"Wait," cries the shepherd, "Let me have a chance to get even.
Double or nothing that I can guess your exact occupation."
Man says sure.
"You are an economist for a government think tank," says the shepherd.
"Amazing!" responds the man, "You are exactly right!
But tell me, how did you deduce that?"

"Well," says the shepherd, "put down my dog and I will tell you."

Audie

Veteran Member
An accountant wouldn't answer that way.

Found on the internet....
Man walking along a road in the countryside comes across a shepherd and a huge flock of sheep.
Tells the shepherd, "I will bet you $100 against one of your sheep that I can tell you the exact number in this flock."
The shepherd thinks it over; it's a big flock so he takes the bet. "973," says the man.
The shepherd is astonished, because that is exactly right.
Says "OK, I'm a man of my word, take an animal."
Man picks one up and begins to walk away.

"Wait," cries the shepherd, "Let me have a chance to get even.
Double or nothing that I can guess your exact occupation."
Man says sure.
"You are an economist for a government think tank," says the shepherd.
"Amazing!" responds the man, "You are exactly right!
But tell me, how did you deduce that?"

"Well," says the shepherd, "put down my dog and I will tell you."

Sometimes it goes the other way.

( i think this is from the 1930s)

The government man is trying to help poor farmers.
"Why dont you raise a pig? Keep track of all
your expenses, and I will come back later, see
how you did!"

He does not get back as soon as he hoped but
when he does, there is the farmer and his pig,
that now weighs several hundred pounds!

"My god, look at the size of that hog!!"
"Why didnt you sell it and start raising another??!!"

""Well, I just figured, ifn I had to feed a pig anyhow,
it might as well be this one."

The other ending is-

Farmer shows his numbers, and after a year
he sold if for just what it cost to raise it!

The g man says, "Well, that is too bad, you
did not make any money!"

But the farmer says,
"No, I am satisfied, I had the use of the
pig for all the year!"