• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Incorrectly stoning the virgins

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
There were different groups in Israel at the time with different beliefs, this is why Jesus's teachings are different from many others around him, he was preaching Nazarene/Essene values for instance, and it must have rubbed certain Jews the wrong way, who were practicing these primitive teachings, Jesus was obviously teaching against these primitive beliefs, that is why so much of his teachings were for instance 'circumcision isn't necessary', dieatary laws are not important(they aren't metaphysical), etc. etc. He was obviously essentially trying to teach a primitive and magic/ceremony, violent peoples who were residing in Yisrael the error of their ways, but they refused to listen, it would eventually take Gentile thought combined with the logic of Saul-Paul to bring a sense of normalcy to the region, now many/most Jews are indistinguishable from their Gentile counterparts who many of them once hated.
Saul-Paul for all intents and purposes was the father of modern Jewry.

Last edited:

Horrorble

I belive the answer from some would be as follows. God is perfect, and his law is perfect. Had the woman been a virgin, and the man to tiny to pop the cherry, then god would have sent an angel to do it, and she would have bled.

There was no mistake. That is impossible. The woman's brutal stoning was in accordance with the absolute morals of god. Your mistake is in trying to apply objectivity and decide for yourself what is right and wrong. That seems rather arrogant to me:)

I'm sorry but what!? Do you actually think a Jewish person would give an answer like this?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
There were different groups in Israel at the time with different beliefs, this is why Jesus's teachings are different from many others around him, he was preaching Nazarene/Essene values for instance, and it must have rubbed certain Jews the wrong way, who were practicing these primitive teachings, Jesus was obviously teaching against these primitive beliefs, that is why so much of his teachings were for instance 'circumcision isn't necessary', dieatary laws are not important(they aren't metaphysical), etc. etc. He was obviously essentially trying to teach a primitive and magic/ceremony, violent peoples who were residing in Yisrael the error of their ways, but they refused to listen, it would eventually take Gentile thought combined with the logic of Saul-Paul to bring a sense of normalcy to the region, now many/most Jews are indistinguishable from their Gentile counterparts who many of them once hated.
Saul-Paul for all intents and purposes was the father of modern Jewry.
Excuse me, I realize this is rather off-topic, but where did you get the idea that Jesus said circumcision isn't necessary?

Me Myself

Back to my username
I'm sorry but what!? Do you actually think a Jewish person would give an answer like this?

I knnow right? Being jew automotically makes you invulnerable to the silliness of othuer religious people :p

While I wouldnt say all jews say this, I would be very surprise none has ever said this. We barely have jew answers here, so maybe they are ashame of whatever they beiee regarding this issue :shrug:

Horrorble

I knnow right? Being jew automotically makes you invulnerable to the silliness of othuer religious people :p

While I wouldnt say all jews say this, I would be very surprise none has ever said this. We barely have jew answers here, so maybe they are ashame of whatever they beiee regarding this issue :shrug:

Well I know I haven't been in this forum for that long but I haven't ever seen a regular Jewish or Christian member answer a scriptural question with "cause god said so"

Maybe they just don't want to talk to you

dantech

This is precisely why the written Torah cannot be read without the oral Torah.
It is written that a Sanhedrin (group of judges) that has killed one person in 70 years is considered an evil one.
There are thousands of little loopholes in the oral Torah that serve a purpose specifically to avoid killing people.

Me Myself

Back to my username
This is precisely why the written Torah cannot be read without the oral Torah.
It is written that a Sanhedrin (group of judges) that has killed one person in 70 years is considered an evil one.
There are thousands of little loopholes in the oral Torah that serve a purpose specifically to avoid killing people.

May you elaborate? (With the specific examle of this pasage?)

atanu

Premium Member
Yes. In eastern scripture, namely, Satapatha Brahmana, there is a story about how the yajnas (sacrifices) remain incomplete because mostly the sacrificer has a partial view of the scripture (the Word). It is, IMO, about first internalising the Word as indivisible one.

Me Myself

Back to my username
This page explains it better than I'd be able to, so here's a link.
Capital Punishment

One problem there is that while if true then MAYBE no inocent woman was stoned because of it, there was still the incorrect belief that without bleeding there is no virginity and the woman would have been held guilty.

The link doesnt say no one is ever held guilty just that death is unfrecuente (even extemely so) wwhen dealing with the guilty people.

dantech

One problem there is that while if true then MAYBE no inocent woman was stoned because of it, there was still the incorrect belief that without bleeding there is no virginity and the woman would have been held guilty.

The link doesnt say no one is ever held guilty just that death is unfrecuente (even extemely so) wwhen dealing with the guilty people.

Actually, the oral Torah steps in again.
This is just too show you how difficult and rare(probably never) that people would get the death penalty.
The oral Torah says that when the husband sees the lack of blood, he may suspect that she isn't a virgin, and in that case, will need two witnesses who have seen her sin(pretty much impossible).

The Talmud clearly talks about how the blood stain means nothing because it can so easily be falsified.

I don't have my books with me right now so I'll try posting sources later.