• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Incest?

LogDog

So I understand that god and jesus are one and that god is responsible for impregnating Mary and that Mary gave birth to jesus. My question: does this scenario equate to a form of incest?

madhatter85

Transhumanist
God and jesus are two separate entities.

"God Works in a natural order to things"

The term "Virgin Mary" was a form of revrence to her and not actual history.

She was a virtuous and chaste woman (hence "Virgin Mary")which was higly uncommon in those days, who never layed down with a man untill she had been married to joseph. they had a child who was indeed the Savior, Jesus Christ.

If god had a physical or spiritual union of that matter he would be breaking his own commandments regarding adultery.

who's is to say he wasn't married and has an eternal companion? because Godhood cannot be accomplished without being married and sealed in the temple for time and all eternity

God was just like Man.

"As Man is now, god once was; as God is now, Man may become"

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
So I understand that god and jesus are one and that god is responsible for impregnating Mary and that Mary gave birth to jesus. My question: does this scenario equate to a form of incest?
So...logically, if she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood, and therefore...A WITCH!
:foot:

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
She was a virtuous and chaste woman (hence "Virgin Mary")which was higly uncommon in those days, who never layed down with a man untill she had been married to joseph.
I've never heard anything like that, since I was under the impression the common reaction to premarital sex or adultery in that time and place was stoning. Are there any nonBiblical sources that talk about this?

madhatter85

Transhumanist
I've never heard anything like that, since I was under the impression the common reaction to premarital sex or adultery in that time and place was stoning. Are there any nonBiblical sources that talk about this?

Stoning applied to adulterers i do believe, not women who just wanted to sleep around, there are plenty of mentions of the word whore and concubines in the bible so i don't see how they would stone women that were unmarried.