• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In this thread, we all suspend our Presidential campaigns

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Good afternoon RFers.

No doubt you have seen the results of the polls, and while I cannot say I am not disappointed, I cannot disagree with or challenge the voice of the people. Me and my team have fought hard to represent traditional-ish values, and while we are determined to stick to our beliefs that have guided us through our lives - and, we believe, still hold the answer to a true future golden age - it is with a heavy heart that we acknowledge that the people of this fine country were not yet ready for having all of our roads and highways replaced with slip-and-slides, the nationalisation of facial hair, and an outright ban on the letter 'V'.

And so, I come before you today to announce that I am indefinitely suspending my campaign for president, effective immediately. I would like to thank my friends who stood with me through my campaign, my hard-working campaign staff who slip-and-slided all around the country to get the word out, and my family who were also there but whom - if I'm honest - didn't quite provide the level of support I was hoping for. The ********.

I urge you all not to lose hope, but to embrace this as new opportunity to pursue a great and wonderful future. And, with that in mind, I would like to officially endorse @Revoltingest and his campaign. Some of you may balk at this, but I assure you it has nothing to do with any monetary exchanges we have engaged in in the past or future, or any threats relating to the improper use of a pitchfork into any of my major or minor organs. It's simply the right thing to do. Because he said so.

Thank you, and God bless wherever this is.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I think your problem is your proposed ban on the letter V. Such an unwanted acti will leave @JustGeorge speechless and amy true American (or other) simply cannot tolerate that

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
My campaign consists of doing nothing.
I'll spend no money on it.
I make no promises.
If elected, I'm likely to pursue what you'd expect.
Until a successful assassination.