• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In Praise of the Gods

von bek

Hello. I wanted to keep a journal here to record praises to the gods for help they provide in our lives. It will be filled with my own thanksgiving to gods for helping me and answering prayers. Some things will be big, others more mundane. Anyone who has their own praises to give, feel free to do so!

To start off, I wish to give thanks to great Hermes, crafty Wayfinder! Last week, I had a tire blow out on the highway. Thank you for keeping me from harm, speedy protector of travelers! Great Hermes, I give you thanks that I was able to get my tire replaced and that there were people in my life who were able to help me out during this stressful time. Great god of speech, god of writing, god of luck, you are a friend to people. Blessed son of thundering Zeus and beautiful Maia, I give you thanks and praise!

von bek

Thank you, Father Zeus and Mother Hera for my parents! I love them both and am incredibly fortunate to have them in my life. One of the greatest blessings any mortal may have are a good mom and dad. I give thanks to mighty Zeus, Lord of the Thunderbolt and king of the gods and mortals. I give thanks to beautiful Hera, protectress of the family and queen of gods and mortals. May both my mom and dad have a long life, filled with happiness!

von bek

Holy Apollo, mighty Lord of the Silver Bow, I give you thanks and praise! Oh far shooting god, laurel-wreathed lord of Delphi, thank you for my health. Thank you for protecting me and carrying me through the time I was in the hospital on life support. Thank you for your blessings and for the doctors who saved my life. Great god of healing, god of music, god of light, mighty protector! Shining son of cloud-gathering Zeus and beautiful Leto, brother of glorious Artemis, I give you thanks and praise. Help me control my emotions, give me steadiness of mind. Mighty Apollo, as you slew the Python, may you slay sickness in my body!

von bek

Gray-eyed Athena, mighty goddess of wisdom and war, I give you thanks and praise! Oh storm-bearing daughter of Father Zeus, grant me courage and strength in the face of adversity! Blessed friend of Odysseus, I pray for your wise counsel. Great Athena, divine protectress of civilization, may your favor be upon me. I ask to be the kind of person that can help others in need, one able to stand against oppression. I pray that I may be filled with your wisdom and guidance. Mighty Pallas, you destroy the weapons of enemies and shatter the spirits of those who come to do harm. Those whom you would destroy shall be brought down low. Under your protection, one man may stand against a hundred without fear! Flashing-eyed Athena, great goddess, I submit myself to your will. May you protect me always.

von bek

I give thanks to golden-haired Demeter, great goddess of the harvest. Kind provider of food, thank you for me not going hungry today. Beautiful mother of pale Persephone, your gifts sustain our lives. May your mercy always be extended to me, golden daughter of Rhea.

von bek

I give praise to bull-roaring Dionysos, twice-born god of intoxication and rebirth. Giver of freedom, giver of ecstasy, giver of madness. Thank you great Dionysos for your gifts to humanity. You remove stress and anxiety from the hearts of men and women. You bestow the gifts of happiness and peace. You take worry away from the mind and give joy in its stead. I pray your favor will be upon me always, great Dionysos.

von bek

I give praise to swift Artemis, great goddess of the wild. Mighty huntress of the forest, divine protectress of animals and children. Great goddess of the bow, I give you thanks for the wild spaces of the earth, teeming with life. Thank you blessed Artemis for watching over me as a child when I would explore the woods. Thank you for the sign of your deer you showed me as a child. May you watch over me even now as an adult. Terrifying and wonderful daughter of dark-browed Zeus and great Leto, sister of holy Apollo, thank you for bringing my cat into my life. Thank you for my ability to rescue her from the shelter to give her a happy life. I pray you will remember me always, great Artemis!

Riders

Well I love this. I am earthbased a Zen Buddhist. But I generally pray to all the Gods and Godesses or sometimes Ra the Sun God or Thor with his mighty hammer when storms come.

Id really like to do some reading and studying find out a lot more about the Gods and Godesses. I go to a UU church that teaches Paganism.So I should have a lot more knowledge but I don't. But Ill do my best. If you ever want to do a study with someone here let me know.

Dear Ra sun God, Thankyou for healing my legs over the last two weeks with exercise and the rays that come from you.Dear Ra thankyou for my job Ive had for a couple of months you are strong and able to provide.

von bek

I give thanks again to mighty Apollo, far-shooting Lord of the Silver Bow. I pray for a healthy body, free of pain. Great god of healing, may your favor be upon me. I pray that you will protect my parents and grant them both good health. Shining god of light, mighty son of Zeus and Leto, I give you praise!

von bek

Quick-witted Hermes, once again I give thanks to you, crafty god of the roads. Blessed god of luck, I pray for your favor to remain with me. Let my words be pleasing to those around me. Grant me success, speedy Wayfinder! You have been with me since I was a child, I pray you will never abandon me, in this world or the next. Great god with the golden wand, crafty son of thundering Zeus and kind Maia, please remember me! I pray that you will grant me success in finishing my story. I hope that my writing will bring me freedom to control my life. Please, bless my work. Great Hermes, I love you!

von bek

Father Zeus! Thank you for the cool temperatures that have reached where I live. The summer is oppressively hot down here, thank you for bringing relief from the heat and showering us with refreshing rain. May you stir the sky and drive wave after wave of cool air to break against the land, drying out the humidity. Mighty King of gods and humans, great lord of the clouds, wielder of the thunderbolt, thank you for your gifts and mercies! Thank you for my parents, great son of Kronos. I pray they both may have a long and happy life!

von bek

hye i'm new here.Well I love this.

regards
jessica patel

Thank you. You are welcome to share thanks to your gods as well. My life can be filled with difficulty; but, I like to remember all the good things that have been provided. I believe the gods are good!

von bek

Swift Artemis, mistress of animals, strong goddess of the forests, I give you thanks! Huntress of the night, may your favor be upon me. I pray to return to the woods of my childhood. I hope to again see all the stars in their glory, shining forth in the night. May I be bathed in moonlight and blessed with your protection. Great Artemis, wild goddess of the hunt, may your favor always be upon me!

von bek

K6.2Artemis.jpg

PRAISE ARTEMIS! GODDESS OF THE FOREST AND MISTRESS OF ANIMALS!

von bek

Beautiful Demeter, generous goddess of the harvest, thank you for me not going hungry today! Kind mother of pale Persephone, golden-haired goddess of the fields, thank you for your bountiful gifts!

von bek

Great Artemis! Swift goddess of the forests, Queen of animals, I give you thanks! Thank you for me finding what was agitating my cat. I hope that she can have relief from her itching! Thank you for watching over her, radiant daughter of beautiful Leto. Strong Artemis, you stalk the forests and hills for prey. Far-shooting goddess, your brilliance lights up the night. Terrifying goddess of the wild, may your favor and protection always be upon me. I pledge myself to you, Artemis.

von bek

Shining Apollo, mighty son of storm-sending Zeus and fair-haired Leto. Brother of radiant Artemis, I give praise to you, mighty Lord of the Silver Bow. Thank you for my recovery from what was ailing me the past week. Thank you for driving the sickness from my body! Great god of healing, music, and order, thank you for your kindness!

K5.2Apollon.jpg