• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In God We Trust’ signs going up at public schools all over South Dakota

We Never Know

No Slack
I believe this will stir the stink pot as well as keep the courts busy as christians and FFRF battle this one out.

SOUTH DAKOTA– For the new school year, South Dakota public schools will be required to display the national motto: “In God We Trust.”

A bill signed by Gov. Kristi Noem mandates that the words be on display for students to see beginning in the 2019-2020 school year.

The display can be on anything the principal feels is appropriate for their school, like a plaque or student artwork.
But there are requirements. The display must be at least 12 inches square and must be in a prominent location.

‘In God We Trust’ signs going up at public schools all over South Dakota – FOX31 Denver

Last edited:

Neutral Name

I believe this will stir the stink pot as well as keep the courts busy as christians and FFRF battle this one out.

SOUTH DAKOTA– For the new school year, South Dakota public schools will be required to display the national motto: “In God We Trust.”

A bill signed by Gov. Kristi Noem mandates that the words be on display for students to see beginning in the 2019-2020 school year.

The display can be on anything the principal feels is appropriate for their school, like a plaque or student artwork.
But there are requirements. The display must be at least 12 inches square and must be in a prominent location.

‘In God We Trust’ signs going up at public schools all over South Dakota – FOX31 Denver

I want an Islamic person to sue for In Allah We Trust or a Native person to sue for In the Great Spirit We Trust or a scientist to sue for In Atoms We Trust or an atheist to sue for In Nothing We Trust, etc. The "Christians" are trying to be dictators. And they don't even know what Jesus said. I'm so sick of it. I'm so angry. Ok, love my enemies. I'll try but no guarantees.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I hope somewhere in SD there is a kid willing to cover god up with either Satan or Hitler. Or any other equally amusing and offensive name or noun or verb.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I can't see any reason why not or any good legal challenge
Probably because the US Supreme Court has consistently struck down such things. Even in Indiana, where "In God We Trust" license plates were offered for free, that was a no because it endorsed religion by giving away a vanity plate for free instead of charging the usual amount.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Would Jesus really be ok with Christians breaking the laws of a world they are supposed to be not of? Because a lot of Christians have no problems with illegal behaviors as long as it promotes their religion.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Somebody should let her know the Cold War with the Russians is over.

Neutral Name

It's the most common printed phrase in the USA and it's not from any religion,,

Yes it is. I chose to say an Islamic should sue for In Allah We Trust because that is what God is called in Islam. In other religions God is called other names. Imagine being Hindu or Daoist. Does anyone care about anyone except the Christians? Other people matter because all people matter. Jesus even said so.

Darkforbid

Yes it is. I chose to say an Islamic should sue for In Allah We Trust because that is what God is called in Islam. In other religions God is called other names. Imagine being Hindu or Daoist. Does anyone care about anyone except the Christians? Other people matter because all people matter. Jesus even said so.
Exactly, and that is why atheists matter too.
I’m not an atheist but I can see wholeheartedly why they would see it as state sponsored indoctrination

Indoctrination into what?

David1967

Premium Member
Yes it is. I chose to say an Islamic should sue for In Allah We Trust because that is what God is called in Islam. In other religions God is called other names. Imagine being Hindu or Daoist. Does anyone care about anyone except the Christians? Other people matter because all people matter. Jesus even said so.[/QUOTE)

"In Allah we trust" means In God we trust.