• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In Addition to: "Shaktism, only for Siddhis"; Westernization of Hinduism; Alienation; TANTRA

atanu

Premium Member
When you look at the Sutta Pitaka, it is clear that the Buddha denies a First Cause. There are devas, but they grow old and die just like humans do. I didn't get this idea from reading modern books on Buddhism, it comes from the oldest texts.

In the future, may others be more respectful of your teachers and tradition than you are of mine.

If you are honestly interested in understanding Buddhism, here is a source that could help you. Don't worry, the author isn't white, he is Sri Lankan.

http://www.dhammaweb.net/books/Dr_Walpola_Rahula_What_the_Buddha_Taught.pdf

With that, we are done. There is no need for us to ever interact again. May you be happy and free from suffering.

I mean no dis-respect to any teachers, whether mine or yours.

I consider the Chitta, which is an eternal category as constituting the first cause of all arisings. Further, there must be a link between Chitta and Nibbana, the unborn eternal, else the Nibbana would not be discerned.

This point is not for debate however and no dis-respect is meant. I have stated my understanding that the realm of Nibbana cannot be characterised by arisings and cannot be characterised by change. The same, i believe, is recorded in Udana 8.1 to 8.3.